Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 08:54 AM   #811
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to grfnkl
Re: Grand Am Off Topic Thread

Hey gir, I know what you mean by having more options... They finally made the aeroforce compatible with the can bus port.. but what's the point when for a little more you GET MORE!! I just have to figure out a place to mount it.

Vipey: Each forum is different... Nothing compares to the AF's especially the G/a forum. I think I have a login at the gagt one and i have one with the g6 one as well... but i don't like going there... I dunno "they're different"

Welcome back XI!!!! Hope you had a good couple days!

grfnkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #812
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Send a message via ICQ to Vipey1337 Send a message via AIM to Vipey1337

lol I asked about my tail lights on GAGT forums and everyone started making fun of me and eventually locked the thread. What a bunch of immature pansies. At least a couple of them tried to help!

I'm gonna bring them in and look at them after I get out of the shower, then watch a movie.

Current: 2012 Toyota Rav4 3.5L V6 AWD
Current: 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD + Accel Boost

Past: 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE (sold 2013)
Past: 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring (sold 2016)
Past: 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition (sold 2019)
Vipey1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #813
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

That is why I hate buying used items with out some sort of warranty that the merchindise works.

You shouldnt have any problems with the melting & corrosion like the stockers, these tyc lights do leak though.
PFYC even stated you needed to seal them with silicone to prevent any leaks before installing.

Hopefully its just a connection/burnt bulb and not a broken light

Fish-on!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #814
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroinfinity
That is why I hate buying used items with out some sort of warranty that the merchindise works.

You shouldnt have any problems with the melting & corrosion like the stockers, these tyc lights do leak though.
PFYC even stated you needed to seal them with silicone to prevent any leaks before installing.

Hopefully its just a connection/burnt bulb and not a broken light

Fish-on!
Well they work now... but they are rly dark. So I'm going to probably need LED lights, or find a way to remove tint. Is it possible to remove tinting (painted)??? If not, I'll have to grab some LED's and resistors and have fun but they look friggin awesome! I'm going to "test" them at night when I go home Sunday while one of my friends follows me to see if they are bright enough. You can see them in the day, they just aren't really bright, so it makes me nervous. Then I'll have someone follow me during the day and let me know.

But yeah, they look AWESOME... just still no pics yet

Old 07-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #815
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gir-_-

some hyper LEDs will fix that problem vipey.... 2kracing.com now that I recall might have some LEDs for ya if you wanna order some

thats where I bought my 194 LEDs for my interior.. my floor lights up blue in the front.... only problem is... They're LEDs and go in 1 direction.. so its blue circles not all lit up cant win them all I guess

In other news..
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007-pon...-unveiled.html

That red chrome is sexaah!

Gir-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #816
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

cost?

Old 07-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #817
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Hey Vipey auto stores sell 3 different types of bulbs for the tail & turn signal. Not counting the LEDs.

They hav the standard 3156, 3157 then they hav a HD which is suposed to be good for rough driving and they hav another one, but I cant remember the actual name, but they are brighter. Thats what I've been using and they are much brighter then the standard bulb.

Someone before me put 3157NA(amber color) in all my tails, and You couldnt even tell they were working freakin idiots!!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #818
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

haha xero i'll have to look those up... I think I have 3156's and 7's in now. I'll have to see

I just got back from hanging out with Purdue's automotive group. I was teh slowest car One guy had a civic running 12.7 untuned I think... god!!! after we all met we went and met some of the import guys that hang out at this fireworks place on saturdays. I was still the slowest car there... everyone had some sort of forced induction, and I was probably the only naturally aspirated person there... but I had one of the biggest engines We were going to go down and hang out with the domestics people but the imports and domestics don't get along QUITE as well

But still... god I wish I had boost and new engine parts on my GA... maybe I will do that so I can at least KEEP UP with them! I think with MMS stage 2 gear and spray I could get mid/high 13's, so definitely an improvement (assuming transmission holds up )

Yay tomorrow I head home to get stitches removed!

taters!

Old 07-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #819
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

gah my engine makes weird "ch" nosies when i go WOT at higher RPMs... figured out when I tried racing a tiburon GT

Old 07-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #820
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipey1337
gah my engine makes weird "ch" nosies when i go WOT at higher RPMs... figured out when I tried racing a tiburon GT
like shifting noises or engine noise?

Old 07-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #821
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

engine noise I think, cause it's right before it shifts.

BTW I installed my tails... since it's dark I can't get any decent pictures, but I had my dad follow me (in his G6 GT... bastard lol) and test out the brightness and my visibility at night. He said they're pretty good but my tail lights need to be brighter (the ones that aren't the brake/turn signal/reverse/amber side lights). So my question is this: I think someone said something about HID bulbs for this, am I right? Is it possible to get HID bulbs instead of LED's? Because LED's require annoying fabrication. I'd have to get HID's for the tail AND brake lights since they share the same circular ring thingie.

Thanks fellas

Old 07-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #822
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to grfnkl

Quote:
engine noise I think, cause it's right before it shifts.

BTW I installed my tails... since it's dark I can't get any decent pictures, but I had my dad follow me (in his G6 GT... bastard lol) and test out the brightness and my visibility at night. He said they're pretty good but my tail lights need to be brighter (the ones that aren't the brake/turn signal/reverse/amber side lights). So my question is this: I think someone said something about HID bulbs for this, am I right? Is it possible to get HID bulbs instead of LED's? Because LED's require annoying fabrication. I'd have to get HID's for the tail AND brake lights since they share the same circular ring thingie.

Thanks fellas
Hmm A Ch noise.... Are you sure it's not a rattle noise? Mine would get horrible lifter tap and rattle when i did WOT. I guess it could be considered it a ch noise... hmmm. well you still need to get a tail light pic, one during the day and one at night.. I don't care how you do it... just get it done! Sorry... I really want to see how it looks. I think Xi was saying something about HID bulbs for the lights. I would look at pepboys or an automotive store. I know that they have an assortment of lights maybe something is different.

BTW XI 3057 will work in the tails of a G/a Barely but it does. When mine was fixed after my last major accident with the car the repair shop put the wrong bulb in and it was a 3057... it was a little brighter then the others.

tomorrow is Dashhawk day! I checked the shipping and it's already here in NJ!!! it's a little north of me at the sorting center.. but that mean tomorrow i shall have it....

grfnkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #823
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

night time was fine, daytime was not. It needs to be significantly brighter or it's not going to work, and I'm talking about for every bulb. I had them in today and was going to take a pic but I didn't have my good camera, and now it's raining kinda so I don't want to do it now. I put my old ones back in at the moment. I'll see about HIDs or LEDs... but I'm just kinda worried they still wont be bright enough and I wasted all that money and I won't be able to sell them, which would blow

trans fluid changed I haven't really been rough with it yet but it seems to run good. drained the fluid from the torque converter and the transmission and filled it up (did not flush it!). Left the filter and gasket alone cause they were fine. the guy charged only $40 for it! He's also going to do the P&P of my intake manifolds and bore out my throttle body to 62mm this are teh roxxor!!!

EDIT: around $200 for the P&P of the manifolds and around $60 or so for the TB... so that's WAYYYY less than buying. Wheee

Last edited by Vipey1337; 07-09-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #824
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Ya Vipey just go check out the bulbs somewhere even autozone has the brighter bulbs for the tails/turns.
Their web site only shows 3157 and the 3157LL ,
I know thiers a third one thats brighter though ...

I would also double check those contacts inside the housing. any corrosion will make them dim.

Oh ya !
I was going to tell you guys I have put almost 4k miles on this trany and its holding up very very very very wellll
Its wierd when I take off and have the wheels turned thiers a whining coming from that EP LSD, someone asked if that was the turbo-whine
I wished

And good luck with the mods Vipey.!!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #825
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
night time was fine, daytime was not. It needs to be significantly brighter or it's not going to work, and I'm talking about for every bulb. I had them in today and was going to take a pic but I didn't have my good camera, and now it's raining kinda so I don't want to do it now. I put my old ones back in at the moment. I'll see about HIDs or LEDs... but I'm just kinda worried they still wont be bright enough and I wasted all that money and I won't be able to sell them, which would blow

trans fluid changed I haven't really been rough with it yet but it seems to run good. drained the fluid from the torque converter and the transmission and filled it up (did not flush it!). Left the filter and gasket alone cause they were fine. the guy charged only $40 for it! He's also going to do the P&P of my intake manifolds and bore out my throttle body to 62mm this are teh roxxor!!!

EDIT: around $200 for the P&P of the manifolds and around $60 or so for the TB... so that's WAYYYY less than buying. Wheee
wow you got it all drained and changed out?... I still would of done with a new filter/gasket.. no harm in new clean parts (filter)

did you get a look at the old fluid when it drained? some nasty sh*t!! lol

I've been looking around at my local auto stores on prices for injectors... and they're all about the same?, I have my eye on a certain brand tho with MFi or w/e... the description made them sound very reliable and worth the buy... another nameless brand that I never heard of was $120 each..

I got a haynes manual for my 99, injectors dont look hard at all.. I just dont have a torque wrench

has all the info of the 'correct' way, mostly what I'd do lol... it doesnt look hard at all.. I just need o-rings and a couple wrenches... My guess knowing my ability I could do all 6 2hrs max with everything done correctly...

It said somethin in there about using motor oil to lube the injectors when putting them back in? .. I think I have a left over bottle somewhere, could I just coat some on my fingers XI and put em on the injector when I replace?

Hopefully doing it sometime this week, just need money to buy the parts! opcorn:

btw, you guys need to invest in a xbox360 and forza motorsport 2... I've been all over that game tuning cars and such... the VW turbo Beetle isnt bad stock for a D Class,.... FWD AWESOMNESS!.. I might just buy one in the game and slap a lowering kit and some sway bars and do some ownage lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroinfinity
I was going to tell you guys I have put almost 4k miles on this trany and its holding up very very very very wellll
Its wierd when I take off and have the wheels turned thiers a whining coming from that EP LSD, someone asked if that was the turbo-whine
I wished
Hey XI, are you going to throw up a post on a trans rebuild or what all you did in 'Tips and Maintenance' ? I'd like to know! If I do plan on keepin the GA, it'd be great knowledge to pass along

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
grandam , offtopic , overflo , topic , weirdly
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM