Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 12:36 AM   #46
integrawhat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to integrawhat
Re: The Fast and The Furious 3

winning is winning, if i choose to go with more hp per dollar y does that make me a cheater i just think it was a good move if i said i didnt have it then sprayed then yeah thats cheating cuz its a different class of racing n/a Vs. fi. and its not always just as simple as straping in a bottle ive completely upgraded the fuel system and and plan on sleveing and stroking the block to run a 200 shot its a build up just like i would do for a high hp turbo car its just a different form of forced induction y is it cheating just because its cheaper

darton 84mm MID's ls stroke 2.0l GS-R
pnp head with full skunk2 pro series valve train
and pro1 cams
custom divided top mount w/garrett gt4094r

not stoping till i hit 750hp to the wheels
this aint your mom's car so DONT F***ING TOUCH IT
integrawhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:37 AM   #47
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

I'm not questioning your car, I'm saying that the cars (specific cars, not the same car make/model) in those movies are stock performance wise. This is what I said "I'm sorry you don't know fact from fiction when it comes to movies..." And you did nothing but ramble on about how cars can be show and go, I know that and have never said they couldn't. I'm not talking about cars that others own, I'm talking specifically about the cars in the movies. They're stock cars ment to look flashy, and that's it. The movies and the cars in them (those specific cars) are absolute jokes. For a show cars, they're decent at best. I've seen cars at local car show that look better then any of those, and I live in rinky-dink Syracuse NY. All those movies were good for is to get high schoolers ricing out their economy stock cars and getting everyone with an import car harassed by the cops. The movies are full of lies; nissan motor in a honda (could happen but they should have been more authentic), 10 second supra (could happen in real life but no way was that car in the movie even close), then there's more including the NOS thing you mentioned.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:59 AM   #48
integrawhat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to integrawhat

im well aware that the actual star cars in the movie werent as fast as stated im aware that its a movie and the cars also had cameras and equiptment straped to them and im aware they werent really racing im just saying they represent something that is possible most people seemed to be saying its imposible to have a car that looks good and goes fast and that was my argument

darton 84mm MID's ls stroke 2.0l GS-R
pnp head with full skunk2 pro series valve train
and pro1 cams
custom divided top mount w/garrett gt4094r

not stoping till i hit 750hp to the wheels
this aint your mom's car so DONT F***ING TOUCH IT
integrawhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:16 AM   #49
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Then your argument had nothing to do with me at all yet you directed it at me. You said that no one would seriously say (and mean) that they wouldn't drive any of the cars in the movie and I said I wouldn't. And then I explained why I wouldn't drive any of them (except the Evo). And then you decided to jump on me about something that I never stated. I'm done with this argument. I only waste my time with people who pay attention and stay on track with what others are saying. And clearly you can't do either, so this is a pointless conversation. Good bye.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:08 AM   #50
b18ls
Banned

As much as I disliked the FF movies, it was nowhere near as bad as the Bike movie "Torque". This movie made me want to break something. If you ride, and have seen the movie, you should know what I'm talking about. Off topic, but so is this thread.

fISH...
b18ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:24 AM   #51
kornflakes28546
AF Enthusiast

torque was terrible, i thought biker boys blowed too. someone needs to make a REALISTIC racing movie, but i realize that it probably wouldn't do as well in the box office as F&F because the average person doesn't know anything about cars and wouldn't like watching a movie with a bunch of sleepers smoking the show cars (like in F&F). I know i would!
kornflakes28546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #52
b18ls
Banned

I want to see a movie with realistic imports. An old hatch with fat fives, an integra with primar on the trunk where the wing was, a CRX with only one seat in it! I think it would do alot better as long as it had a good plot.
b18ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:31 PM   #53
pizzaman
AF Regular

If you want to see a movie about realistic imports you will probably have to make it yourself. But who wants to see a movie with a bunch of young adults bragging about their cars and talking trash about other cars. People go to movies to escape the boredom they call their lives. Let's face it deep down we know our lives suck. So we go to movies to escape. They should of called F&F "The Rice and the Idiots".
pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:07 PM   #54
Mannyb18b
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mannyb18b Send a message via MSN to Mannyb18b

Has anyone seen "the last race" . I think that is the most realistic racing movie ever made so far
Mannyb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:10 PM   #55
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: The Fast and The Furious 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornflakes28546
torque was terrible, i thought biker boys blowed too. someone needs to make a REALISTIC racing movie, but i realize that it probably wouldn't do as well in the box office as F&F because the average person doesn't know anything about cars and wouldn't like watching a movie with a bunch of sleepers smoking the show cars (like in F&F). I know i would!
i strongly agree with you
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:27 PM   #56
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whtteg
Re: Re: The Fast and The Furious 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyb18b
Has anyone seen "the last race" . I think that is the most realistic racing movie ever made so far
Haha I have seen that. It has some bad acting but it is not that bad of a movie, kinda short and funny too. Worth the time to watch it IMHO.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra