Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Fiero
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #16
z4xx0r
AF Newbie

Angry Re: My first car!

I've also seen roof scoops that funnel down into the vents on either side of the engine. To some it looks goofy, but I bet it would help a lot in the performance department. I'm okay with putting a number of aftermarket addons on my ride, I don't plan on selling it. I may have to sometime, but I don't plan on it. Let's say I find an '88 GT with a T-top though, and I'm definetly restoring that.

On a completely different note, let me tell you how my day went. After I got home from the doctor, Dad and I started tinting the windows. We ended up not tinting the rear window, just because we think it's Lexan or Plexiglas, and window tint doesn't mix too well with those. We might be wrong, but wedging the film in there and making it look good was a pain. However, the side windows and the top bit on the windshield got tinted, and it looks great. I finally go to do some more practicing in the Fiero, and I'm no good with the standard transmission yet... Once we got out on some country roads, the engine died, eight miles from home. We parked it, locked it, and started walking... I called my girlfriend, who eventually saved our feet. Mandie dropped us off at home, Dad loaded up some tools, wire, and rope, and we drove back out to the coupe in our truck. We couldn't get the Fiero to run, even though it will crank. There's an odd squealing noise as we crank it as well, and Dad's working on the problem as I type this.

In short, I had a crash course on towing today.

***UPDATE***

Meh, spark wasn't getting through to the plugs. Looks like the module's burnt out, and we'll replace that as soon as we can. That obnoxious, loud squealy squeaky noise is somewhat identified by master-mechanic Dad, but he didn't say anything about it.

Last edited by z4xx0r; 07-11-2008 at 12:18 AM.
z4xx0r is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Fiero