Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 01:27 PM   #16
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
Quote:
Originally posted by EFsleeper

If you want to do the whole thing where youre monitoring your engine stats and all that I say go for it but you better be building a 50K dollar car. If youre spending that kind of money on that, the rest of your car should be outstanding as well.

Why? There's nothing wrong with having a $10k car and having a really nice set up in it. I had a prelude that was worth about $5k and the stereo system in it was worth about $7k, there's nothing wrong with having a decent car and having a kick ass audio/video system in your car. I say if he wants to go with all that, go for it, no matter how or what your car is like....

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
kicker1_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 05:43 PM   #17
EFsleeper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EFsleeper
Because like 99% of honda owners, the money they spend on stuff could be put to better use in other areas of the car. But to each his own. Build whatever you want but balance is the key to a nice car, like your average fool out there who has 2 grand in paint, a grand in a body kit, a grand in 17" wheels, another 750 in suspension and lets say another grand in I/H/E and runs slower than his car was originally rated when it first came out. That kid spend almost 6K. To me, that is a waste of money. What happens when they pull up next to someone like me who has spent their money a little more effectively and gets their doors blown off? For me I like speed so cosmetic shit to me is useless. I would rather buy an engine or trans, but like I said to each his own.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:59 AM   #18
soul180
AF Enthusiast

EFSleeper, i thought you just said balance is key to a nice car...so you're must not be nice, since all you care about is power...

U said to each his own a few times, then said then what happens when they pull up to a light and have their doors blown off....to each his own, not everyone cares about losing in a race...i think street racing is the stupidest thing i've ever heard of...yeah it was cool for a while, until people started dying..and it's not always the driver..usually it's some innocent pedestrian or driver of some other car, or your best friend in the passenger seat...

It's completely just my opinion, but fast cars should be built for the track, show cars should be built for the streets... the only performance mods i have done to my car are i/h/e, and to me, they're show mods so i can pop my hood at a show...

I don't mean to rag on you..but i gotta voice my opinion too...

Oh, and what he means by the screens in fast and the furious isn't the computer in the cockpit, i think he means the screen in Vin Diesels RX7 sub enclosure...it's an equilizer...i dont' know how to get it...probably just done in editing, but i've been wrong before...
Old 06-12-2002, 09:56 AM   #19
EFsleeper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EFsleeper
Hmm balance is still the key, but when you own a sleeper, hence my user name i cant really go out and slap some 17s on my car can I? Sure there are people out there who dont care about racing, but why drive a car if your dont want it to go fast? Performance. Thats why all of us buy these aftermarket parts and engines... Street racing, I do not race with anyone else in my car. I have actually told people to get out at times. Nor do I race in city areas. Im not saying this makes it ok though. The problem with street racing is the majority of the people out there are kids who have had their license and cars less than two years and dont have a clue as to how to drive.

"show cars should be built for the streets" then why is every fucking show car trailered everywhere? I know there are some who are driven but thats rare. the wild ones are always trailered. whatever, im done.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:53 AM   #20
Lord_Vektra
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Lord_Vektra
sleeper it sounds like you are arguing from the opposite end of the spectrum but talking about balance I know people who strip their car all the way down and stick a huge engine in it and it’s the least comfortable thing in the world to drive or ride in but its really fast and I know other people who put thousands of dollars into a car and it goes slower than stock because it weighs more because of speakers, body kits and other stuff. I like both sides but one day the speed is going to get me killed lol. After having my car after about a month I think unless you have a safe place to open up i.e. track. Speed us useless and at 100+ MPH you (no matter how good of a driver) have very little control over what happens. You don’t like looks and toys on your car don’t criticize someone else who wants to put $3k into some speakers and a dvd player and not a turbo. One thing is for sure more people pay attention to what your car looks like inside and out than they do under your hood if you are trying to impress people. Just because you don’t care about looks other people do. If you are going to talk about balance don’t talk about building for speed because that isn’t balance
Lord_Vektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 11:46 AM   #21
CXHatchback
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to CXHatchback Send a message via AIM to CXHatchback
My car is probably slower than all your cars, but I've got an expensive system in it. But I drive at least 30 miles to work everyday, so I need something quiality to listen to. Sure, I'd love to go fast, but I have to be comfortable.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:06 PM   #22
soul180
AF Enthusiast

"why drive your car if you don't want it to go fast?"...that's the ignorant attitude that kills people...

I drive my car because I LOVE driving...and I love cars...you should learn to drive responsibly and drive the speed limit until you go to the track to race...

You said you have told people to get out of the car when u race...well how do you think that person is going to feel when they watch you die...stop thinking about only yourself and start thinking about those who care about you and don't want to see you dead or in jail for killing an innocent pedestrian/bi-stander...

If you don't race in city areas...where do you tell people get out..on the side of the free way? save it for the track.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:55 PM   #23
markpa
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by soul180
"why drive your car if you don't want it to go fast?"...that's the ignorant attitude that kills people...

I drive my car because I LOVE driving...and I love cars...you should learn to drive responsibly and drive the speed limit until you go to the track to race...

You said you have told people to get out of the car when u race...well how do you think that person is going to feel when they watch you die...stop thinking about only yourself and start thinking about those who care about you and don't want to see you dead or in jail for killing an innocent pedestrian/bi-stander...

If you don't race in city areas...where do you tell people get out..on the side of the free way? save it for the track.
Nicely Done soul , shut his nonsence for good.
markpa is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio