Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 02:12 AM   #16
otter7467
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to otter7467 Send a message via Yahoo to otter7467
Re: Tire Question

i'm a bit worried about finding someone i can trust to do the work.

Now that it's all done do you think it was worth spending 8k on the turbo

04 350Z-Sold
04 Envoy-Sold
03 Gixxer-Sold
otter7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:24 AM   #17
westpak
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Tire Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnboy
Actually the kit is $5800 and the intercooler is another $1600 or so.
That is about list price, trust me I bought one, the street price is anywhere from 5300 to 5900, Gruppe-S was just selling them for 5200/5300 with intercooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter7467
i'm a bit worried about finding someone i can trust to do the work.

Now that it's all done do you think it was worth spending 8k on the turbo
The install is not bad, the tough part is the header removal/exhaust manifold install and the turbo install all because of the tight space, the rest of the install (IC, tubing) is easy but I would find someone that has done one before or is willing to take their time doing it as there are few things you want to make sure are done right.

As for the expense, I think it was worth it, I have had the car for 2 years and was ready for something more after doing almost all NA mods and just getting to 265 RWHP, I could have gotten 20+ more with cams and headers but at a cost of almost 3500K the TT looked like a better option, and the other option was buying another car. With the TT installed it is like a new car, it drives great and if I look at the cost into it (32K for car and 8K for TT) I am at 40K for a great looking Z with 400 HP at the crank, there is nothing out there close at that price and that looks like the Z. Basically you have to really want to keep the Z, if you are on the fence about other cars then you probably shouldn't go for it as you might want to change later anyway, for me I want to keep this car for a longtime.
03 350Z 401 RWHP GREDDY TT KIT / HyperGround System / Fujitsubo Legalis R Exhaust / Japtrix Y-Pipe / Kinetix Test Pipes / Nismo Swaybars & Flywheel / Eibach Springs / Front Brembo Brakes / Xdrilled-Slotted Rotors / RAYS Track Wheels / Clear Side Markers / Nismo Style Wing

90 300ZX TT 315 RWHP / Eibach Springs/ST Swaybars/Carbing Strut Bars/JWT Intake/Down Pipes/Japtrix Test Pipes & catback

South Florida Z Car Club
westpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:39 PM   #18
otter7467
AF Enthusiast

thanks westpak

I'm planning on keeping this Z until i can afford a GT3 Porsche so it will be awhile. I was just wondering from someone normal if it was worth it. You know every mag and tv show will say it's the greatest thing ever but I just wasn't sure how it was real world. I've dropped a little more than 3k in performance stuff already and I feel like I haven't done anything yet. I was just wondering if you think that the TT kit is enough or will I get it on and 6 months later want even more power.

04 350Z-Sold
04 Envoy-Sold
03 Gixxer-Sold
Old 10-19-2004, 07:14 PM   #19
KoRnboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to KoRnboy Send a message via AIM to KoRnboy Send a message via MSN to KoRnboy Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnboy
I know what the kit costs; I should know I sell them...

I don't know where you are from otter there's a guy in Savannah GA that I know who has done 2 already, I'm taking mine to him in a couple weeks to have the TT installed, it is amazing he installed and tuned one a few weeks ago 400 RWHP @ 9PSI.

I spoke to the mechanic yesterday he was surprised with how easy it was to get power from the kit, and he raved about how different the car was with it. I can't wait
Old 10-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #20
westpak
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnboy
I know what the kit costs; I should know I sell them...
Then you might want to check the competition because I bought mine for 5800 with intercooler.
03 350Z 401 RWHP GREDDY TT KIT / HyperGround System / Fujitsubo Legalis R Exhaust / Japtrix Y-Pipe / Kinetix Test Pipes / Nismo Swaybars & Flywheel / Eibach Springs / Front Brembo Brakes / Xdrilled-Slotted Rotors / RAYS Track Wheels / Clear Side Markers / Nismo Style Wing

90 300ZX TT 315 RWHP / Eibach Springs/ST Swaybars/Carbing Strut Bars/JWT Intake/Down Pipes/Japtrix Test Pipes & catback

South Florida Z Car Club
Old 10-19-2004, 11:25 PM   #21
KoRnboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to KoRnboy Send a message via AIM to KoRnboy Send a message via MSN to KoRnboy Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnboy
Re: Re: Tire Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by westpak
Then you might want to check the competition because I bought mine for 5800 with intercooler.

Yeah but I was quoting Greddy's site. MSRP is not $5800 for both, I'm not going to my shop and looking up my price for comparison on the forums...
Old 10-20-2004, 03:03 PM   #22
otter7467
AF Enthusiast

I'm close to Columbus, Ohio and there is one performance shop, but it is mainly for sti's, evo, supra and dsm stuff. I talked to them and they said they could do it but that they hadn't ever done it before. there's a million camaro and mustang shops here though.

hey westpak
how much better is the nismo flywheel from the stock one? do you lose alot of take off grunt or can you tell. i'm getting mine back with the flywheel and a clutchmaster's stage 3 next wedsnesday and i was wondering just how much of a difference it was going to make.

04 350Z-Sold
04 Envoy-Sold
03 Gixxer-Sold
Old 10-20-2004, 06:37 PM   #23
westpak
AF Regular

Re: Re: Tire Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter7467
I'm close to Columbus, Ohio and there is one performance shop, but it is mainly for sti's, evo, supra and dsm stuff. I talked to them and they said they could do it but that they hadn't ever done it before. there's a million camaro and mustang shops here though.

hey westpak
how much better is the nismo flywheel from the stock one? do you lose alot of take off grunt or can you tell. i'm getting mine back with the flywheel and a clutchmaster's stage 3 next wedsnesday and i was wondering just how much of a difference it was going to make.
I can't say it enough to make sure you go with someone that has done one before or you know is very meticulous to take care of the little things.

The flywheel is great, it is not as light as the others, no problems with take offs, and the revs climb faster, well worth it.

Here is dyno from today:

South Florida Z Car Club

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe