Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 03:26 PM   #16
b-b00gie
Banned

Send a message via AIM to b-b00gie
no.. i'm not sure if you need this done.. but the place that put them in for me does strictly engine work only and they recommended that I advance my timing. when they put in my NGK plugs they told me they advanced it 17 degrees. i just smiled and nodded

as for the filter charger.. call Jim Wolf directly and order it.... 619-442-0680
b-b00gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 03:35 PM   #17
b-b00gie
Banned

lol.. when i said "they" advanced my timing.. i meant the mechanic...

btw my plugs are "NGK Platinum" they have an SR20DE model....

my plug wires are Magnecor 8.5mm Competition wires.. they run $90-120 on the average ...they have less expensive 8mm and 7mm ones, but i wouldnt go less than 8mm, cause its practically not worth the cost.

so between that, the plugs, and intake you'll probably take care of that $500 quickly and have some nice juice and power flowing!!

good luck

Old 05-18-2001, 04:39 PM   #18
poppy_morenito
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to poppy_morenito Send a message via Yahoo to poppy_morenito
Thanks for all he input guys. I will go with the nkg plats. Where can I get magnacor wires ? Are they in Pep boys or do you have to order them online ?

I will also get either Jwt or stillen intake. My friend says that I can get one like these for $75 (knockoff) Does the brand make a real diff. I would like to go with the place CAI but it cost too muh money for now ...( unless I don't pay my student loan...lol)...

thanks again
poppy_morenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 05:43 PM   #19
b-b00gie
Banned

I'm sure Luke can get you the Magnecor wires for the SR20DE

Digital Racer
ask for Luke
(909)469-6987
Old 06-05-2001, 10:48 PM   #20
P10DET
AF Enthusiast

Get a header if you don't have one. They are the single best power mod besides a turbo.

Pullies are also an excellent choice. Header and pullies really added some pep to the G.

I agree fully with Jason about plugs and wires. Unless you are running a stupid fast turbo, the factory plugs are the best out there. This is per Clark Steppler of JWT. For plugs, stay with NGK. Screw the Bosch and others. I've read of people who after as little as 2k miles with Bosch have had driveability issues and pulled the Bosch plugs and reinstalled 60k and even 90k mile plugs and the driveability issues *immediately* went away.

George Roffe
P10DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 09:24 AM   #21
poppy_morenito
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to poppy_morenito Send a message via Yahoo to poppy_morenito
Thanks.. I am starting with whole new engine now. J Spec model 150 hp base. I have a JWT Pop charge I bought from a guy from SE-R.net . It looks brand new.

( PS , my old intake was a knock off that the adapter did not fit ).
Some is selling a Stillen header that I thinking of buying too. Will I notice a big diffrence even with my automatic ?

I will try to take piture of my install the mechanic is going let me watch and help .....
poppy_morenito is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General