Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-08-2001, 08:57 PM   #16
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i think the accord coupe looks really good too
Old 08-05-2001, 08:00 PM   #17
lOOkatme
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lOOkatme
it would be dead even. the itr is hard to drive and the gsx isn't. the gsx runs 14.8 1/4 mile and so does the itr...or about. it would be very close.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:40 AM   #18
shoei
AF Newbie

a few questions answered...

Okay, i'm gonna try and be as un-biased as possible... I own a '99 GSX, but my girl works for Acura so i get the skinny and to test drive all their new cars... Well most, they won't let me near a brand new NSX or new ITR's... =) I have taken out a couple of the used ITR's though... They are quick don't get me wrong, but i'm gonna have to go with the GSX here...

People that have been asking, which would win at a light, the GS-T or the GSX??? Coming from experience, from the line, both cars bone stock, the GSX takes the GS-T... Why??? Because of the AWD the GSX can "LAUNCH" while the GS-T is still spinning it's tires, and that's the bottom line...

As for the race between the GSX and the Type-R, now that i would love to have happen... I have never come up against a "real" ITR, (i say "real" because you know there are plenty of bae integras out there that have spent $$$ on Type-R emblems, hehehe... =)
Old 08-15-2001, 05:56 PM   #19
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i thought i read somewhere that the GSX is a little slower than a GS-T because of the extra weight of the AWD

.... i guess i read wrong
Old 08-21-2001, 04:19 AM   #20
Kerberos1278
AF Newbie

well, I have a 98 GSX and it would be a close race. I took on a couple back when my car was stock and we were right there. It would depend a lot on the drivers. The GSX will have an advantage from a stop due to the AWD. I can drop the clutch at about 5k and that thing will just squat and go, no wheel spin. The V-Tech engine doesnt come in to play until really high RPM's so if the GSX got away with a good launch I dont think the Integra could catch it.
Old 08-23-2001, 01:07 AM   #21
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

the only thing you're missin out with an AWD car is that you can't do burnouts oh well, it's better smokin someones ass
Old 08-23-2001, 01:47 PM   #22
MaxRX7
AF Enthusiast

I dislike both very much, but the elispe would win stock vs. stock or modded vs. modded
Old 09-13-2001, 09:12 AM   #23
notalotaboost
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to notalotaboost
I have a modded GS-T Spyder and I rip on type r's all the time, even when i was stock i beat them but it was a little harder...oh yeah and i'm automatic too. : )
Old 09-13-2001, 09:40 AM   #24
Sleepy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via AIM to Sleepy
Quote:
Originally posted by VTEC V6
that awd is heavy slows it down alot
dont matter if its turbo or not
while it is heavier the awd drive makes up for it on the lauch if i was rwd it would take a little longer to launch i would give it to the gsx because better lauch more power and a shit load more torque

Old 09-13-2001, 03:58 PM   #25
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by VTEC V6
that awd is heavy slows it down alot
dont matter if its turbo or not
yeah the GSX is actually faster than the GS-T and they're the same car just GS-T is without AWD
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 05-16-2002, 12:15 AM   #26
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Ok....just a little FYI. All wheel drive makes a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference. For instance...Nissan 300ZX TT (1990+ aka z32): HP-300 stock, rear wheel drive, not too heavy, very fast car...pit that against the Nissan Skyline R34...the Skyline will WALK from the Z off the line. "But why" you might ask...The Skyline HP-280 stock, **AWD**, similar weight, INSANE car. Why does the Skyline have a 0-60 of less then 5 seconds with LESS HORSE POWER? Cuz it's AWD. Simple. Traction = go...as long as you have the power to drag your ass and not too much ass to drag along with you. I bet if you could some how juice around 350-400 hp outta the GSX, you'd be making Ferrari puree.

Also...The Porsche 911 TT is a legend that has many years to come, I'm sure. All Porsche currently has in production is the 911 and the Boxter. Why the hell would they get rid of the TT? Just doesn't make sense. Soon to come out...new Porsche SUV...ahhh...Porsche re-enters the world of v-8s. Should be cool.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:40 AM   #27
TatII
AF Fanatic

hmmmmm Z sorry to say this but a skyline pushes more then 280hp. nissan underrated their engines. in england they dyno all the gt-r's before they do mods on them and hte R34 had 323 hp and 319ft lb at the crank. but yes the AWD does make a hugh difference. esp in the rain. i have such a hard time in the rain in my S14 when my friends WRX would take turns like nothing. and off the line. forget about it. the WRX chirps all 4 tires for a split second then takes off, when if i'm not careful i'll end up doing a peel out for a few seconds and smoke my tires then take off.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 05-16-2002, 03:40 PM   #28
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by longlivetheZ
Ok....just a little FYI. All wheel drive makes a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference. For instance...Nissan 300ZX TT (1990+ aka z32): HP-300 stock, rear wheel drive, not too heavy, very fast car...pit that against the Nissan Skyline R34...the Skyline will WALK from the Z off the line. "But why" you might ask...The Skyline HP-280 stock, **AWD**, similar weight, INSANE car. Why does the Skyline have a 0-60 of less then 5 seconds with LESS HORSE POWER? Cuz it's AWD. Simple. Traction = go...as long as you have the power to drag your ass and not too much ass to drag along with you. I bet if you could some how juice around 350-400 hp outta the GSX, you'd be making Ferrari puree.
Why would you compare a 300Z to a GT-R?!
The skyline is a level above the 300z, it's a superior car in all aspects

The skyline is the fastest sports car to complete the nurburgring
It's comparable to Toyota Supras, Acura NSXs, etc.
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 05-16-2002, 10:45 PM   #29
TatII
AF Fanatic

i think the fairlady Z is in the same class as a supra. remember the supra is not realy a good track car. a stock integra type R can get a supra around a track. however, its not int he same league as the GT-R and NSX.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 06-19-2002, 07:37 AM   #30
What ya Smoking?!?
AF Enthusiast

Acura!:bandit: :smoka: :smoker2: :ylsuper