Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunbird/J2000/2000 Sunbird
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #16
decyphex
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to decyphex Send a message via MSN to decyphex Send a message via Yahoo to decyphex
Re: Post your birds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |WYG|SS
yeha my car needed major interior cleaning, i bought the car for 400 from my mechanic and h said that the workers didnt want to even go near the car it was bad. the interior was just full of cigeretts and when i pulled the center ccouncal out it was just packed with ashes. i want to do the dash soon cause it is stating to smell again. i had pulled the trunk lining out it was bad and i had put my own custom one in . my engine is a 2.0 OHC and it is pretty fast too. i just recently changed my trans. filter and it funns good but now i agot all oil leaking out form under neith my car. i wish i could do all of that stuff but i have no money
As far as the oil leak.. It's either going to be the cam cover seal on the top of the engine sealing the cover for the cam (where it says 2.0 OHC) or it's the oil baffle/oil pan seal. Hopefully it's the cam cover seal because that's not that expensive. The baffle seal is going to cost $100-200. Try tightening the bolts on the oil pan and the cam cover, but first check to see if the gaskets look completely squashed.. If they do, you might just want to replace them, but sometimes the bolts on both of these can become loose.

How many miles are on it? At around 130,000 you might be looking at having to replace the headgasket. I would recommend finding a higher capacity radiator like one out of the v6 sunbirds because it will keep the engine a lot cooler. The 2.0's are good engines as long as they are kept cool. They don't stand well to heat issues. When I called to Performance Radiator here in my area they told me there was one with an added core (means more capacity) and my temps are constantly at 170-180. I also did the cooling fan switch MOD so I can turn my cooling fan on with a switch when Im sitting for a while and when the switch is off the fan functions normally. Check out www.v6z24.com and look under the how-to tab and click on performance. The instructions will be in there.

Kyle

Click the sig.
decyphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #17
|WYG|SS
AF Regular

lets bring this out on new thread.
|WYG|SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #18
decyphex
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to decyphex Send a message via MSN to decyphex Send a message via Yahoo to decyphex

Quote:
Originally Posted by |WYG|SS
lets bring this out on new thread.
Ok. Are you going to make one? Or can we move it?

Click the sig.
decyphex is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunbird/J2000/2000 Sunbird