Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:21 PM   #1591
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

Send a message via ICQ to Vipey1337 Send a message via AIM to Vipey1337
Re: Grand Am Off Topic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroinfinity
Not sure what kinda car that is/was.... I found it in the AF Gallery, links at the top of the pages. I guess I even have a gallery but no pics.... what happend to them.

That video remids me of some generic Techno I heard on myspace on day. Just a bunch of midi noises...

Well I think we are supposed to be getting some kind of a snow storm this week end, I hope so cause I just bought a bunch of sand and snowmelt stuff.

So what does Radar Vipey know about this ??

Winter storm warning at 7AM tomorrow, 6-10 inches of snow for W.Laf but i dont know about for you noobs I'm in Granger (next to South Bend) for Xmas break so I'll be out of most of the snowstorm coming through. I'll actually be in Nebraska from the 17th through the 21st tho, hopefully my plane isn't delayed!!

Current: 2012 Toyota Rav4 3.5L V6 AWD
Current: 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD + Accel Boost

Past: 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE (sold 2013)
Past: 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring (sold 2016)
Past: 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition (sold 2019)
Vipey1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #1592
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Thankx for the weather update Vipey.

Its not snowed alot as of right now, maybe an inch.
But that wind is a blowing pretty hard and drifts are forming.
I suspect heavy drifting tonight, then more snow.
I doubt we see any of that rain they're predicting up here Vipey, well I hope not anyway.

I do see the ebrake on the GT getting used/broke over the weekend.

have fun everyone!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #1593
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gir-_-

I wish my ebrake worked lol

my drums are pretty messed up, but no money to fix them with holidays around the cornor

Gir-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:15 PM   #1594
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

yay for uber snowstorm!

yay for wine!

yay for buzz!

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

took my mom's Torrent to the mall earlier because my GA would have sucked ballz driving there... torrent is a nice car, AWD loveliness

built my girl a huskie (at build-a-bear), got her $35 Victoria's Secret gift card, and some neat ballroom dancing glass laser-etched thingie... gonna make her a blanket too, I think she'll have a lovely xmas. My parents got her some jewelry for her ballroom outfit too, yummmm

Old 12-16-2007, 01:50 AM   #1595
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

yeah definitely drunk right now

Old 12-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #1596
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to grfnkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipey1337
yeah definitely drunk right now
wow it only took 3 hrs between posts before becoming drunk...and still making a clear sentence! Good job!

We got some snow too! YAY! only an inch... but it's the real slippery stuff. I nearly busted my ass walking outside in it... but then again I was wearing my sneakers that have no tred... So I guess i kind of deserve it then!

grfnkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:12 PM   #1597
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipey1337
yay for uber snowstorm!

yay for wine!

yay for buzz!

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

took my mom's Torrent to the mall earlier because my GA would have sucked ballz driving there... torrent is a nice car, AWD loveliness

built my girl a huskie (at build-a-bear), got her $35 Victoria's Secret gift card, and some neat ballroom dancing glass laser-etched thingie... gonna make her a blanket too, I think she'll have a lovely xmas. My parents got her some jewelry for her ballroom outfit too, yummmm
Snowstorm hell, It was a freakin blizzard!
I was out till you were drunk plowing, then got up at 5:30am and did it all day today. We probly have about 8 inches but its hard to tell because in one spot its 1" then another is 5 ft tall drifts.... seems to be drifting now as I type so I'll probly be back out tonight doing a bit of snow removal.

Luckily I got done in time for the Colts game!!
They won too!!

Hey way to go on the gifts Vipey, those build a bears are cheap or easy to make. You should at least get a hummer out of the deal.

I couldnt even log on to AF today....
Figured it was snowed in or Ice killed the power.

be carefull out there everyone!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #1598
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Damn.. you guys got 8 inches of snow. I wouldn't mind that. Our tiny little one inch is half melted away already from the rain we got today. But it's supposed to get WINDY tonight.... oh wait.... it just started. Gusts of 50mph! Everything is going to turn to ice tonight. Thankfully I'm not going anywhere.

Tomorrow is my phone interview to claim unemployment. I already have a few job offers in a matter of speaking but I'm gonna hold off until after the new year. But during my time off i did work on my seasonal hobby of our christmas train display. It's a tradition in my house and my nephews love it so they can't wait to see it this year. It only took me forever to work out all the kinks and countless sore spots on my fingers from all those friggen tiny pieces...... Enjoy! Pic 1 and Pic 2 Oh yeah I still have a little more to do yet but it's near completed... in record time too!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #1599
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfnkl
Damn.. you guys got 8 inches of snow. I wouldn't mind that. Our tiny little one inch is half melted away already from the rain we got today. But it's supposed to get WINDY tonight.... oh wait.... it just started. Gusts of 50mph! Everything is going to turn to ice tonight. Thankfully I'm not going anywhere.

Tomorrow is my phone interview to claim unemployment. I already have a few job offers in a matter of speaking but I'm gonna hold off until after the new year. But during my time off i did work on my seasonal hobby of our christmas train display. It's a tradition in my house and my nephews love it so they can't wait to see it this year. It only took me forever to work out all the kinks and countless sore spots on my fingers from all those friggen tiny pieces...... Enjoy! Pic 1 and Pic 2 Oh yeah I still have a little more to do yet but it's near completed... in record time too!

Well it's probly close to 8" at my house, the weather said little or no snow.
We had a lot of that freezing rain/sleat, that stuff sucked, and the wind.
My weather station thingy had a 47mph gust around 3am this morning.
South and east got more snow from what I've heard.

Both the GA's were frozen tight!
I got the GT doors open, but the SE has sit for a few days, probly 1/4" of ice on it still.
I think my kids took some pics, I'll find them and post later, sheesh I'm beat and my back kills !

Good luck with the interview(haha).
That is a nice layout and winter scene for the train .

We used to have an HO set going, had some cool stuff we built. Had to take it down while we are finishing the basemant though. Now they want to incorperate a race track for the streets. Then we can play, race the trains... remember safty first.

BTW What did you use for snow ??
Old 12-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #1600
Vipey1337
AF Zoomzoom

my GA is totally snowed in, so I just take my mom's torrent because it stays in the garage and beasts its way through the snow with AWD loveliness If you guys are planning on getting an SUV, I REALLY like the Pontiac Torrent... I really, really do

Old 12-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #1601
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

I think a turbo/engine modded, armor built, subaru with a detachable scoop on the front would be way much more fun...

first use it to make jumps, detach, Jump!
--

tonight its suppose to be like eh.. 29F ? where I'm at .. which means.. stupid frost on my windows, I got pissed at the little bit I had this morning and I put a towel on my front window with my wiper blades holding it down...

top of that, gotta wake up earlier than usual to take my roommate to work to the hospital, she blacked out and had a seizure or w/e while driving and totaled her nissan... fun stuff. It kinda clicked in my head earlier tonight, wait.. now shes using my mother's car to get around till tomorrow... wonder if shes comin home tonight with a working car lol

Old 12-16-2007, 10:16 PM   #1602
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroinfinity
Well it's probly close to 8" at my house, the weather said little or no snow.
We had a lot of that freezing rain/sleat, that stuff sucked, and the wind.
My weather station thingy had a 47mph gust around 3am this morning.
South and east got more snow from what I've heard.

Both the GA's were frozen tight!
I got the GT doors open, but the SE has sit for a few days, probly 1/4" of ice on it still.
I think my kids took some pics, I'll find them and post later, sheesh I'm beat and my back kills !

Good luck with the interview(haha).
That is a nice layout and winter scene for the train .

We used to have an HO set going, had some cool stuff we built. Had to take it down while we are finishing the basemant though. Now they want to incorperate a race track for the streets. Then we can play, race the trains... remember safty first.

BTW What did you use for snow ??
Thanks. I've been told about adding in the race track too, however I would need a larger board to do that with... and I'm sort of limited on space in our basement. We have/had more stuff as well such as a hand built mountain, and some more scenery. This year i decided not to put a few things out since I just didn't feel like fighting with them. I did have fun when i was younger ( after the season ended) playing DESTROY THE TOWN! MUHAHAHAHAH. For the snow I use this stuff called Winter Snow. It's a fine ground up white plastic... a real train killer if you use too much. It's hard to come by the finer stuff like i have.

Hey Vipey, my parents have 2 Saturn Vues which is the same platform as the torrent. I know what you mean by AWD loveliness... or at least on my moms Vue since her's is Front wheel AWD.... my fathers is rear wheel AWD. I would take the saturn though over the pontiac... just for the dent resistant panels..... and we all know my luck.... hahahah

Jeez Gir that's some scary stuff blacking out and all for your roommate but at no one got hurt! Blacking out is one of my fears while driving at times. well i hope hopefully everything works out ok tonight.....

Old 12-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #1603
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

eh yea, I never like driving eh.. Under the Influence =D of whatever lol

I dont like not having control, let alone knowing where I am

Hmm, still thinking on the cars of what I might want, grand prix came up in a recent discussion w/ one of my buddies. Since I know a good amount of the GA, could just apply it towards a prix gtp, and stay in touch with the normal mod sites like pfyc and milzy. I've seen some pretty nice modded GTP. Then I thought, pssh .. 04-05 GTO!!!! but when it comes down to it. I'm lowering my save/spending limit I think. Because I really need a dependable car, for now... and I can just mod later.

btw, new grand am issues... the plastic clip connector on the hose that leads into the heater core has cracked internally and so now whenever it reaches a certain temp or psi it starts to drip on that exhaust hose and makes steam come out... tomorrow I'm getting it fixed with my kwik kar guy, looping my throttle body with another hose, and getting my injectors cleaned out (1 & 3) since those are still acting up cause of the junk in them... going to be fun tomorrow night doing all this in the cold

Old 12-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #1604
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Seizures while driving are very dangerous!
Glad thier was no accident, they on meds for the seizures ?

Well here are a few pics of the frozeness...

The GT barried
Iced up 1
Iced up 2
Iced up 3

Probley get warm and rain agian before to long.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #1605
Gir-_-
AF Enthusiast

so basically to completely fix my car, I have to obtain the plastic clip connector to the heater core from the dealership. buy all new injectors, and have my fuel lines flushed again for all fo the gunk to be completely out.. we took out the fuel rail and there was sedement just sitting in there... Not even sure if some of it got into the fuel pressure regulator... but either way this is still going to be costly. I wonder if I could file a lawsuit with the garage place I went to to have the issue fixed... just so frustrated because the problem injectors have the stuff inside them PAST the screen inside more than likely and basically the FPR has the screen inside it as well of which might of had some stuff get past it....

we just primed the car to squirt some out of the fuel rail and only a little bit came out with some stuff.. and we cleaned injectors 1&3 and it seems to run slightly better but not ideal... cause there is still obviously gunk in the fuel lines.... ugh

edit--
Think thursday ima just stay home and drink with my girl lol, I need it

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
grandam , offtopic , overflo , topic , weirdly
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM