Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
Dave43
AF Newbie

01 Impala 3.4 Insturment Panel

01 Impala 3.4 base model and the digital odometer/gear shift on the dash instrument panel are dark. Rest of dash lichts work but can't see odometer/gearshift. Figured I'd replace panel from wrecker but was mentioned that I'd have to get a reset thru dealer. Is this true?
I actually can live with out seeing it but due for etest in Ontario and imagine odometer reading is required.
Dave43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #2
la1
AF Regular

Re: 01 Impala 3.4 Insturment Panel

since no one has answered this, I kind of remember hearing that people have had dealers transfer the old mileage to the new odometer and I am sure there are just as many that just install the replacement odometer w/o having the mileage transferred. There is actually no way anyone would know unless you have to report your mileage for one reason or another. If you plan to keep your car for the long run and not doing this to knock off 150k miles off your car before selling it, I don't see any reason to bring the dealer into it. I would right down the original miles and what the miles on the replacement were just incase.
la1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
SierraK1500
AF Regular

Re: 01 Impala 3.4 Insturment Panel

I had a 2005 Impala. The instrument cluster was replaced due to speedo issues. Mileage was set to the original settings. The lamps are inside. If you get a cluster from a salvage yard the dealer will have to reprogram it. You can do it yourself if you want to.

Has to be re-programmed with BCM in the car. Mileage will not change but will have to be programmed to work with the BCM. Takes 30 minutes.

1. Turn off all accessories. Park the vehicle in bright sunlight to keep the auto headlights off.
2. Turn the key on and off. Remove from the ignition switch.
3. Replace the key and turn to the ON position. DO NOT USE ANY ACCESSORIES AND THE RADIO IS OFF.
4. leave THE KEY ON FOR 30 MINUTES. Do not shut off during this time.
5. When the 30 minute period has passed , turn the key off and remove the key.
6. Replace the key and start the car. All items in the cluster will work.
Lots of luck.

Last edited by SierraK1500; 07-20-2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Sent before completion.
SierraK1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SierraK1500 For This Useful Post:
Dave43 (12-22-2016)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS