Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Engine and Transmission
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engine and Transmission Discuss Engine, Transmission, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
PNW Z28
AF Newbie

1998 Camaro Z28 Engine Stall

Alright so this recently started happening after I went through an automatic carwash. At first it was just a bogging right afterwords, thought something was happening, downshifted the car and it stopped so I thought I solved it. Then it started getting worse. Was running badly and I stopped at a light and my car was downhill, car stalls out. Try and crank it again, and it needed a little gas to start it. Pulled over on a flat surface and it ran normal. Stalled out again later on a downhill incline.

So I finally got it home, thought it might be the fuel filter pulled it, and it had a terrible flow, so I replaced it with a new one. Started it up, ran fine. Then started driving it around again and ran good for approximately 2 minutes and then it started acting up again. Now it's sitting at my house.

When I turn the key to the on position, I do hear the fuel pump engage. Recent work I've had is a complete engine rebuild (rods/bearings/crank), and I had my tranny rebuilt (4l60e).

Some other things I noticed is the fuel pressure has been a tad lower and my oil does need to be changed. The motor was shaking but it stops.

Video (please ignore me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41B10AQZIbE

Some info on the car:
  • 1998 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1
  • 87k miles
  • Auto transmission
  • Bone stock except for a cutout after my cats on my Y pipe
Any other questions just ask. Thank you!
PNW Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
chronomafia
AF Newbie

Re: 1998 Camaro Z28 Engine Stall

Check your MAF sensor, it could be dirty or going bad. This also helps your engine to calculate the proper air/fuel mixture
chronomafia is offline   Reply With Quote