Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Politics, Investments & Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Politics, Investments & Current Affairs Yea... title kind of explains what this forum is about.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #31
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpuker View Post
CO2 in extreme amounts is poisonous to Humans because its waste our bodies give off while performing cellular respiration. Guess what plants use? CO2 is one of the BASIC BUILDING BLOCK OF LIFE. Its NOT toxic. Am I saying we should all go out and put off as much CO2 as possible? Hell no, I kinda like my smooth air. But we don't need to spend BILLIONS of $ bullshitting people into crap they don't need.

And just to shake your little skull a tad. During the last, about 10,000 years give or take. The world has been in a warm phase. Guess what comes after that? Yea thats right, it gets really frekin cold. Bottom line, the world goes through climactical changes on a consistent pattern. Humans don't do a damn thing to change that.
at all you Al Gore leg humpers. Notice the lack of real answers he had for the Supreme Court?

Heres another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7VUg7nG3lw&NR=1
Typical conspiracy theorist. You distrust government and believe it, and the UN are actually out to do you harm. This is quite a common theme among many people, and imo explains why so many of you believe Americans never actually landed on the moon.

The problem with your weather cycle theory is that weather changes in the past have destroyed ecosystems, have produced mass extinctions and have lead to the downfall of human civilizations in the past. And it does not take thousands of years for these things to happen. By the time there is tangible proof (ie, the water coming over your doorstep) it will be too late for us to make a beneficial change.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the climate change theory, but it is easy to see, for so many reasons, we have to change our ways, to preserve resources, reduce climate change and not stress the environment the way we have been.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #32
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
Typical conspiracy theorist. You distrust government and believe it, and the UN are actually out to do you harm. This is quite a common theme among many people, and imo explains why so many of you believe Americans never actually landed on the moon.

The problem with your weather cycle theory is that weather changes in the past have destroyed ecosystems, have produced mass extinctions and have lead to the downfall of human civilizations in the past. And it does not take thousands of years for these things to happen. By the time there is tangible proof (ie, the water coming over your doorstep) it will be too late for us to make a beneficial change.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the climate change theory, but it is easy to see, for so many reasons, we have to change our ways, to preserve resources, reduce climate change and not stress the environment the way we have been.
I agree that we still need to cut back on pollution. But having idiotic emissions laws that keep us from getting cars that get far better fuel mileage is just arrogant.

But going out and saying that CO2 emissions from cars is the biggest problem the world is facing? Thats far more arrogant. One of the major downfalls leading to the recession was the climate change movement. cars like the Prius get praised by bias blinded companies leading Mr and Mrs average citizen to believe a Hybrid piece of crap is the best way to save to world.

Little things like that start to add up after a while. And then we get the "CARS" program, talk about not thinking that through.

then theres the government "stimulus" packages. Way to put my generation, the next gen. and the next, and so on, into debt. Where I understand Obama was hardly the face behind that, c'mon. Him and his groupies in D.C. somehow managed to more than double the nations debt in under a year. smooth move Mr. Change.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #33
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Quote:
I agree that we still need to cut back on pollution. But having idiotic emissions laws that keep us from getting cars that get far better fuel mileage is just arrogant.
What?
Where do you get that low emmision cars are fuel inefficient?

Quote:
One of the major downfalls leading to the recession was the climate change movement.
What?
I would say that concerns with emmisions has been one of the key driving forces in getting more and more efficient engines.

Quote:
then theres the government "stimulus" packages. Way to put my generation, the next gen. and the next, and so on, into debt.
If there were no stimulus packages, various companies would not have been able to sustain themselves. They would have gone bust and tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people would be unemployed with no hope for a job for many years to come.
Please tell me how that is a better situation.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #34
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
What?
Where do you get that low emmision cars are fuel inefficient?
A lot of the foreign diesel engines get far better mileage than current Hybrids (<--lol). Emissions laws helped to keep them from being brought to the US, to an extent.

Quote:
If there were no stimulus packages, various companies would not have been able to sustain themselves. They would have gone bust and tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people would be unemployed with no hope for a job for many years to come.
Please tell me how that is a better situation.
Its not that the whole Stimulus idea was its self bad. But the amount and the way they just threw money at companies was just horrible. They should've concentrated who got how much and they shouldn't have had any where near that much in the bills. Hell they'd have just been better off giving every person in the US 10 grand.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #35
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:

But going out and saying that CO2 emissions from cars is the biggest problem the world is facing? Thats far more arrogant. One of the major downfalls leading to the recession was the climate change movement. cars like the Prius get praised by bias blinded companies leading Mr and Mrs average citizen to believe a Hybrid piece of crap is the best way to save to world.
Quote:
A lot of the foreign diesel engines get far better mileage than current Hybrids (<--lol). Emissions laws helped to keep them from being brought to the US, to an extent.
Oh jeez, what muddled reasoning.

Diesel engine emissions are not particularly concerned with levels of CO2. They are concerned with(among other things) particulate emissions (ie-soot) which is a known carcinogen. Soot emissions damage people, and urban enviornments, but they do not cause global warming.
Most car diesel engines are too sooty and dirty to meet current emissions standards, although this will be rectified with the introduction of particulate traps and urea injection.

Quote:
Its not that the whole Stimulus idea was its self bad. But the amount and the way they just threw money at companies was just horrible. They should've concentrated who got how much and they shouldn't have had any where near that much in the bills. Hell they'd have just been better off giving every person in the US 10 grand.
I agree with you in part. But realistically, there would be issues with the program, regardless of how the money was spent.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #36
V-8Fan
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
Typical conspiracy theorist.

Hah.

Typical pseudointellectual statist.
V-8Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Politics, Investments & Current Affairs