Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
ralliartjoe
AF Newbie

Stock 05 Lancer Ralliart exhaust piping.

I have a Lancer Ralliart with aftermarket piping. I was wondering if anybody could tell me stock piping diameter of an 05 Lancer Ralliart. I want to undo what was done back to stock. I also need a cat converter, that happens to be gone, as well.
ralliartjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
lancerrockerpr
AF Newbie

Re: Stock 05 Lancer Ralliart exhaust piping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliartjoe View Post
I have a Lancer Ralliart with aftermarket piping. I was wondering if anybody could tell me stock piping diameter of an 05 Lancer Ralliart. I want to undo what was done back to stock. I also need a cat converter, that happens to be gone, as well.

The size is a 2 1/2" and don't worry about he cat converter it runs better without one. Why do you want to change it back to stock?
lancerrockerpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
ralliartjoe
AF Newbie

I don't think the stock piping is 2.5, because it's currently 2.5 in., the person i got the car from changed the stock piping, removed the cat, and installed a TenzoR Universal Exhaust tip. My plan is to bring the piping down to 2 in., put in a hi-flow cat and change the exhaust. I want a cat on the car because the noise is bad, even while cruising.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
lancerrockerpr
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliartjoe View Post
I don't think the stock piping is 2.5, because it's currently 2.5 in., the person i got the car from changed the stock piping, removed the cat, and installed a TenzoR Universal Exhaust tip. My plan is to bring the piping down to 2 in., put in a hi-flow cat and change the exhaust. I want a cat on the car because the noise is bad, even while cruising.
Thats wierd b/c i have a 05 ralliart with stock 2.5 exhaust. About the noise you could put a silencer in your muffler.
lancerrockerpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
ralliartjoe
AF Newbie

I think we have a misunderstanding. Are you measuring the size of the exhaust outlet diameter (muffler tip from the way end of the car), because I am talking about the exhaust diameter (the pipe that runs under the car from the header downpipe to the muffler.)
Old 12-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
mr.nice guy
AF Newbie

Talking Re: Stock 05 Lancer Ralliart exhaust piping.

the piping is 2 .25 . i have a ra and custom exhaust .dont go 2 in it will kill your exhaust flow. it has 2.25 for a reason its a 2.4L. and a cat is good ( most ppl say take the cat out youll get more hp) thats not the case it creates back pressure witch is needed for ra. so stock is 2.25 , custom exhaust should be 2.5 and for turbo it sould be 3 inch.
mr.nice guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #7
RahX
AF Enthusiast

Backpressure is not a good thing, a free flowing exhaust with a header that is the correct length for where you want the power is best if you are looking for power. If you don't care too much about power and are annoyed by the sound then a setup as close to stock is your best bet.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer