Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 10:25 PM   #1
FrankMasterFlash
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FrankMasterFlash
Question 1994 Chrysler LeBarron Convertible GTC LX

Well....i have the chance to get a 1994 Chrysler LeBarron Convertible GTC LX here are the specs:
1994 Chrysler LeBarron Convertible GTC LX
151,000 miles
3.0 L V6 Fuel Injected
4 speed automatic transmission
Power driver seat, power mirrors, power windows, power locks
Remote locks, remote start, factory alarm
AM/FM Cd-player
15" Alloy wheels with Perreli P400 tires
Leather Seats
Heated Mirrors
Lighted Entry system
Upgraded speakers

He bought the car in 1998 with 42,000 miles on it.
99% of the miles are from trips of over 30miles 1 way. Brakes squeek but he got them checked out at 2 shops(Car-X and Beaumont) and they say its that pads and that they work fine but are full metalic (so they last longer but they squeek). The rear suspension was replaced in 1999. The tires have about 20-30% tread left on them (should be good for another 10,000 miles, bought them at 122,000)

The engine had a major tune-up earlier this year, new cap, rotor plugs, etc. Oil was changed every 3,000 miles. It has a clean title with no flood/fire/theft or accident damage. The car has a very small dent in the passenger's side door. The body has no rust on it. The paint is near factory minus the typical paint chips on the hood from rocks, etc. It has a fairly new battery and all of the belts were replaced about a year and a half ago. The oil and radiator fluid were changed less than 100 miles ago along with the thermostat.

The only problem that he has had with the car is when it is really cold out the transmission will "bump" a little when you come to a complete stop. He has talked to Chrysler about 8 times and they say this is "normal".

Whats your opinions on this car...any major concerns or problems I should know about?
How much do you think I should pay for it?
How many miles do you think I have left on it?

Yeah...Kelley Blue Book gave me $2,880 for a Private Party.

They guy would sell to me for $1000. It would be my first car and I dont want somethink that i can kill myself in.

Im really just wondering if the transmission or the brakes would be a big problem in the future.
FrankMasterFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:37 PM   #2
doubledragon5
AF Newbie

Sounds good $1000 a little high for a car with that many miles I don't care what it looks like. I use to buy cars more on looks than anything else. If your looking for your first car and don't have a lot of cash or you have the cash I would diffentely look elseware. The one thing you don't want do do is start sinking a lot of money into the car right off the bat. A fellow co-worker of mine bought a used car with 123,000 miles on it body in near mint condition, previous owner but a lot of new stuff in it, tires belts, hoses. alternator, rack, etc and when he bought it in less than two weeks he had to soak $1300 into it for all kinds of problems that started happenning from day one. The car only cost him $100 because a friend of his in-law sold it to him, but now he wish he never bought the thing. My advise look elswaare or if this is what you want ask him if he has a problems with you getting it looked at by a independant mech. If he does go elsewhere.