Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
laloquera
AF Regular

1998 CRV Valve Adjustment

Anyone have a trick or two for adjusting valves. First adjustment resulted in an intake valve having a slight slapping noise. Second adjustment, resulted the slap noise being reduced to a tick noise. I'm I missing something or do I need to go with a tighter fit with the feeler gage? Intake was set at .005 & exhaust was set at .008. Should I go with the tighter recommended fit .003 (Intake) & .006 (exhaust)? Can I mix it up and go with a combo setting?
laloquera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
laloquera
AF Regular

Re: 1998 CRV Valve Adjustment

Hey folks, just got done with the entire ordeal. It was fun but difficult and not to mention time consuming. Did the entire burn valve, cylinder head repairs for about under $400.00 and not to mention the labor of love.
I do have a rant, about this place, its not what it use to be. If you have info. or expertise knowledge on repairs do post and share with others. This why this board was created! Where did everyone go to? I use to rely on folks here but I can see they have moved on. It force me to seek out alternative boards for tech support. I would hate this place to go to hell and back, it would be a crying shame.
Thanx to those who gave me support.
Laloquera
laloquera is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V