Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
RYnMeG325i
AF Newbie

Dcs button

I pushed the dsc button to turn off my traction contrl in my 01 325i and it doesn't seem to work. I tried holding the button down and everything but neither the dsc button lights up or the dash light. Could I have a bad fuse or something? I need that traction control off!
RYnMeG325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
Re: Dcs button

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYnMeG325i View Post
I pushed the dsc button to turn off my traction contrl in my 01 325i and it doesn't seem to work. I tried holding the button down and everything but neither the dsc button lights up or the dash light. Could I have a bad fuse or something? I need that traction control off!
Easiest way to see if it is working is to try it out. I've never seen a DSC button not do anything like that. Are there any other lights on your dash that seem dim or don't come on? Go get your codes pulled, you may just have a dash light out.

See if the system is actually turning on, go to a nice, open, empty parking lot with some decently wet ground. Turn off the DSC as you normally would, and punch it. If your car doesn't bog out, its good to go.

All being said, on my E46 325i, the button itself never lit up, I would just get a small light on the dash light up to let me know I turned it off.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series