Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina APV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
shn_lck
AF Newbie

heating issues 91'APV

I have done a total cooling system flush, tried 3 different thermostats... My heat gauge will only stay around the 1st. make and am getting poor heat,fairly cool especially when on defrost,when it is on vent it is somewhat tolerable but still to cool. I decided to start the van from a cooled down state and within 1-2 min the radiator fan comes on so.... I decided to un hook the power to the radiator fan and now I get just the right heat in all ranges,the gauge stays about in the middle and things seem to be just as they should. Now I know that the fan is there for a reason but what is it that kicks it on waaay tooo soon? I believe that is the root of my whole problem. What part controlls the temp at which the fan turns on??? I am fairly sure if I can replace that part all will be well for real.
Thanks for any help with this, I have been batteling with this for 3 winters now and I think it's time to do the right thing. BTW my Lumina APV only has 235K on it and other than this heat thing I have no complaints.
The coolant level is always good, no loss of coolant. I just think the radiator fan kicks on waaay tooo soon!
shn_lck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
discnik
AF Enthusiast

Re: heating issues 91'APV

Check your Private Messages.
discnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
shn_lck
AF Newbie

Re: heating issues 91'APV

Thanks for such detailed info, I will look it over and let you know the results.
shn_lck is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina APV