Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
mydogrusty
AF Newbie

99 Jimmy 4.3 running really rough

Sounds like a cylinder (possilby #3) is not firing, changed the plugs, wires, oil & filter, fuel filter, flushed the cooling system. Checked the wires to see if they're sparking and they all are. Put the radio on AM and here a tick tick tick noise and can here it now sometimes when I use satellite radio. Engine light comes on when started up then flashes as I drive, only 150k miles on the motor. Had it put on a scanner by two different mechanics and they came to the same conclusion that it's cylinder #3 that is the problem and it could be a bad valve spring or stuck open exhause valve. Anyone else have this problem with the 99, 4.3, 2 door 4x4 and figure it out or narrowed it down to what it might be? One mechanic kidded that it sounded like a Hemi when it was idling. If it's the valve, is it a major project or costly?
mydogrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
4x4 blazerguy
AF Regular

Re: 99 Jimmy 4.3 running really rough

How long has it been since you changed the cap & rotor? That could be the miss. I had that with a 97 Blazer 4.3 4x4. It is recommended to use a good quality cap & rotor. Many like OEM GM parts for this.
4x4 blazerguy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis