Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #16
Sonic Eclipse
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Sonic Eclipse Send a message via Yahoo to Sonic Eclipse
Re: How many miles is a lot for an Eclipse?

It really depends on how the previous owner handled the car. One of the best things you can do for your car is change the oil every 3,000 miles.

These cars are getting old, so its getting hard to find a DSM under 100k miles. My Talon is N/T, and has 114k miles on it, shes still running strong.

They say the turbo models are unreliable, but I think it really all depends on the cars driver. If you beat on it all the time, and don't do routine maintence, your car will run like shit. Its as simple as that.

- 1996 Eagle Talon ESi - 5spd (RIP) -_-
- 1994 Eagle Talon ES - 5spd (sold)
- 1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
- 1990 Nissan 300zx TT (RIP)
Sonic Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #17
heyyo302
AF Newbie

It totally depends on the model and year. One engine used in the eclipse was made by Mitsubishi and is the only motor they made that is pretty indestructible so it will last a long time. The other they used was a Chrysler built motor and will die early. 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse may run 110,000 miles without trouble.
heyyo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #18
heyyo302
AF Newbie

This depends on the model. One engine used in the eclipse was made by Mitsubishi and is the only motor they made that is pretty indestructible so it will last for long time and another they used was a Chrysler built motor and will die early. So check its engine feature before buy. I guess 2000 Eclipse will run 1100,000 miles easily.
heyyo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #19
l_eclipse_l
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyo302
It totally depends on the model and year. One engine used in the eclipse was made by Mitsubishi and is the only motor they made that is pretty indestructible so it will last a long time. The other they used was a Chrysler built motor and will die early. 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse may run 110,000 miles without trouble.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The 420A is a rock solid engine. I see more of those surviving than 4g63's as time goes on...

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
l_eclipse_l is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic