Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
surfersami
AF Newbie

91 2.8 v6 trooper no fuel

Hi All,
1991 Trooper runs real well once started. Here's the kicker...

When first starting after vehicle has sat for some time (engine temp hot or cold) when you turn the key no fuel comes out of the injectors. If I prime the TBI with fuel/starter fluid vehicle starts and runs with good fuel flow. Runs a tad rough when cold, but smooths out and runs well after warm up. I have checked all sensors and their readings are correct at the sensor, and through the wiring harness. When the vehicle is warm it seems to crank after an extended crank time. ( I think it is when oil pressure builds to a certain point.) Very frustrating any ideas?
surfersami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
Tryumph
AF Newbie

Re: 91 2.8 v6 trooper no fuel

A few suggestions:

--replace fuel filter (fairly cheap)
--clean the fuel pump fuse
--check the wiring connections for the fuel pump under the vehicle, just in front of the fuel tank. they can easily get corroded and sometimes will develop a short circuit (which happened to me)

none of those really explain why the engine will run after being primed with fuel and/or starting fluid, but they can't hurt.

regards,

Graham, 89 Trooper, 2.8
Tryumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
surfersami
AF Newbie

Re: 91 2.8 v6 trooper no fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryumph
A few suggestions:

--replace fuel filter (fairly cheap)
--clean the fuel pump fuse
--check the wiring connections for the fuel pump under the vehicle, just in front of the fuel tank. they can easily get corroded and sometimes will develop a short circuit (which happened to me)

none of those really explain why the engine will run after being primed with fuel and/or starting fluid, but they can't hurt.

regards,

Graham, 89 Trooper, 2.8
I actually just sold the trooper, and the guy put a new battery in and said it starts everytime for him. I think it is waiting for the oil pressure to build and then turns on the fuel pump. I suspect a computer signal may not be sent when the ignition is first turned on. Don't know, but it is up to the new owner as to what he wants to do with it next. Thanks for the reply though.
surfersami is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard