Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:16 AM   #1
Icemahn
AF Newbie

Chrysler grand voyager spare tyre STUCK!

I tried to lower down my spare tyre few days ago and the thing would not move. I turned the lowering knob from under the baggage area, but the thing just kept on clicking like when you are tightening it. No my spare wheel is stuck!
Icemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
madmanmapper
AF Regular

Re: Chrysler grand voyager spare tyre STUCK!

Im guessing the bolt thing is rusted. Is the lowering knob made of plastic? If it is then the clicking is probably the knob failing to move the metal part. I've never lowered the spare tire on a chrysler minivan before. I'd say lift up the back of the car and see what you can do. Maybe kick the spare. Not sure.
madmanmapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Danstein
AF Newbie

Re: Chrysler grand voyager spare tyre STUCK!

Hi, I know exactly the problem. Crawl underkneath the vehicle and look at the center shaft (inside of the tire rim) and you'll fine a sheet metal clip thats not sticking to the shaft well enough. When you turn the bolt inside the cargo area, the sheet metal clip is supposed to stick on the shaft enough to trip the pawl that will allow the winch to lower the tire. You have to work inside the rim of the spare tire to get it to release. Once you get the tire down, wire brush off the paint on the shaft that the clip rides on to create more friction. Actually, the rustier the the shaft the better since it creates more friction to allow the clip to disengage the pawl before it starts to slip. Hope that helps.
Danstein is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > General Discussion