Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
KATV6
AF Newbie

Question 93 lumina euro abs light on , brake light is flashing & making a noise

Hi . I have a 93 lumina euro with 180k + miles on it. The abs light has been on for about 6 months now, and I was told that it is probably just a sensor that is out. Anyway, last month it started making a clicking sound and the brake light started flashing at the same time as the noise. I took it to the local mechanic and he said that the tie rods were good and brakes were ok, and that he couldnt really tell me what was causing the noise/light being on without seeing/hearing it. It was fine from then until 4 days ago. The same noise and brake light flashing. I drove it to the shop and of course it didnt do it for the mechanic when he came out to see it. After that it was fine - no noise or anything until today . It started again. And also, the abs light instead of being on , started flashing on and off. Is this possibly the abs pump going bad and if so, can I still drive the car and have regular braking ability? Could it be something else? Need help. Thanks for any suggestions.
KATV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
Bearwulf
AF Regular

Re: 93 lumina euro abs light on , brake light is flashing & making a noise

Take it to a qualified shop with brake system scanning equiptment and have it scanned to find out for sure. Sounds like a short in wiring which may or may not be bad.
The ABS runs its own system diagnostic when you turn on the ign. key. Someday you may step on the brake and find the pedal NOT moving at all. Which is very scary indeed!!!
1891Argentine 7.65 with scope!
Bearwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
4x4 blazerguy
AF Regular

Re: 93 lumina euro abs light on , brake light is flashing & making a noise

You can get it scanned for free by AutoZone or Checkers. I had the problem without the clicking and it turned out to be a bad connection. I took the connector apart & repaired it & that fixed it. check all you connections.
4x4 blazerguy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina