Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Legend | RL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #16
chuck74
AF Newbie

Re: my 91 keeps overheating

I'm not an expert or anything. I do own a 90 Acura Legend. It overheated also, I replaced the radiator after my mechanic did a pressure test on the cooling loop to find any leaks: They have a hand pump and locks onto the coolant overflow tank and pump up the pressure. If there are cracks on the radiator, they would see water squirting out. I think that this is often the case when the engine has more than around 200K miles.
Then afterthat, the engine made a lot of noise and quit working. But luck has it that I learned about Japanese imported engines with 60K miles or less. A lot of these engines run about $450. Find someone to switch out the old one for you. Total cost for me $1000. Anyone needs Japanese engines, talk to me.
chuck74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #17
Paddy_21
AF Newbie

After I bipassed the fan relay and ran the fans all the time the car still got hot. Eventually I learned the Head Gasket problem = White Smoke kinda sweet smell from the tail pipe. So a month later, I just finished replacing the HG's. **I had to wait for a parts every other day when I'd discover new problems!

Guess What? Still gets hot at idle. I purged all the air. New thermostat, fan relay switch, sending unit, cap, and head gaskets. How do I verify the water pump is failing or if the radiator is bad?
Paddy_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:24 AM   #18
vvelez209@yahoo.co
AF Newbie

my water pump went out after the car was running dry for almost 2 days after replacing water pump and thermostat car still over heats what could be wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated
vvelez209@yahoo.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #19
wiseguy01
AF Enthusiast

Smile Re: my 91 keeps overheating

ok vvelez try taking the radiator cap off with the car running and then seeing if the water is circuilating before i get into detail i should let you know that this thread is dead also staring a new thread would get you more responses anyway check for water flow then check to see if fans come on and if those are okay then you might have a leak of coolant or bad radiator cap or possible head gasket check the oil for water and or white smoke coming out of the exhaust or rusted spark plugs then let me know what your findings are also make sure you start a new thread k just for your sake because certain people hate dead threads being revived by dead i mean no responses in three months
wiseguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #20
vvelez209@yahoo.co
AF Newbie

vvelez209@yahoo.co is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Legend | RL