Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
Deltron75ARK
AF Newbie

Need some information on a 350Z, please help! (Snow, maintanence, etc)

Ok, thinking about joining the 350Z club, but I first need to know some information on the car. If anyone can please help out, that would be fantastic.

Right now I'm driving a 2000 Wrangler Sport, 6 cylinder, 4.0l. It's been great to me so far but it is in need of a few repairs so I am gonna' trade it and get a new car. The first car I thought of getting was the G35 Coupe, but after really looking into it, 1) Car is a bit out of my price range. 2) Maintence for an Infiniti can be high.

So, went for a 350Z. I test drove it the other day and it seems to be a nice car. Obviously I couldn't really "push it to the limit... LIMIT!" because there was a sales person in the car, but it had a nice feel to it.

Anyways, here are my questions:

1) I live in Chicago, it snows here, not that much, but when it comes down, it really comes down. How does the Z handle the snow? (Or any bad weather in that case)

2) What are the maintanence fees on this car? What will be the first thing I need to get done/checked out and how much will it cost? What about tires? Are they expensive and do they wear out fast?

Those are really my main concerns, everything else I have looked over, insurance ($2000) a year, bit expensive I know, but I am 22, so it seems just about right. I'm paying $1000 for my Wrangler right now. As I said, I test drove it so I've been in it and experienced the ride.

Any other things you want to tell me would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Alex

EDIT: BTW, looking at a 2008 350Z, maybe 2007. Any differances? Seems like dealers will want to get the 2007 out so may be bringing down the prices...
Deltron75ARK is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe