Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 323/Protegé/Familia/Etude/Allegro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
javatrooper
AF Regular

STOP the beeping please--seatbelts???

I need to turn off the seatbelt warning beeper and warning light that goes with it. My drivers side seatbelt that runs through the door is stuck in the back position which is just fine. But the warning beeper sounds off and on for no reason other than it's messed up. I just want to turn off the noise. I cut the wire running to the seatbelt under the drivers seat cause I thought that was the problem, and unplugged one or two of the wires in in the door running to the track, but none of that helped. What wire can I cut to stop the noise? I have a '94 Protege DX (I think) I know it's not an LX model. Any suggestions?
javatrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
Doug Tatham
AF Enthusiast

Re: STOP the beeping please--seatbelts???

I haven't checked on the Mazda, but a lot of them use a relay to make the buzzing or beeping noise. If so you may be able to pull the relay.
Doug Tatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
kh1p3h
AF Newbie

Re: STOP the beeping please--seatbelts???

I have a 92 LX with a similar problem and I pulled the center console that covers the handbrake and the shoulder belts. I disconnected the plug that sits just forward of the two shoulder belt recoil assys. I connected a jumper between two pins on the driver side of the connection, but I don't remember which two. The dash light stays on, but no buzzer. I plan to revisit this issue to correct the problem at some point, but my 2do list is long.
kh1p3h is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 323/Protegé/Familia/Etude/Allegro