Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > 4Runner/GX470
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
truckpoor
AF Newbie

05 4Runner tire questions

Got a couple of questions before I go chew out my tire guy for taking advantage of my wife. He told her that the valve stems are about $170, due to them having a sensor in them that monitors tire pressure, which he wasn't trying to replace, but wanted her to know that he was going to be careful. This doesn't make sense to me. Are there really sensors in the valve stems??? I would think these sensors would be somewhere else, and unless they transmit data, don't know how that could work. I do know the vehicle has a tire pressure monitor, which is how we knew it had a leak in the first place.

Also, he found a second screw that hadn't punctured through just yet, but was working on it, so he punched it through and patched that hole as well with permission from my wife. My gripe is that he charged her $40 to patch both holes. I think he's trying to use the excuse of the valve stems having the sensors in them as a reason to charge so much. To me this just seems excessive which leads me to think he cheated my wife. Does this sound about right to anyone else with a 4Runner? I'd like to know what anyone else has paid to fix a flat on their 4Runner. Thanks in advance.
truckpoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
vandok13
AF Newbie

Re: 05 4Runner tire questions

I am not 100% sure about 4runners, but my girlfreind just baught a 2007 tacoma, it also reads the pressure electronically, she ran over an nail and couldn't even get it fixed in my town. Those readers are pretty complicated so she had to take it out of town to fix where she was charged alot. I dont think the guages are int he valve stems though
vandok13 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > 4Runner/GX470