Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
nosho
AF Newbie

02 tb

02 trailblazer giving a code 0014 says its camshaft phase angle error ???? we thought it was the camshaft position sensor but changed it and the light came back on.. thanks for your input...
nosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 02 tb

Welcome to AF. You have a toughy here. This code it appears as a result of what the pcm expects to see when comparing the crank position sensor to the cam position sensor when the cp solenoid is activated, there could be a problem with the solenoid or the mechanism that actuates the movement of the cam itself. I would suggest the need either for a dealer to get a Tech 11 scanner on it and command the variable cam timing function and monitor the results or find an independent capable of performing this operation. BTW there is a TSB concerning this issue, no details but it is number 290801, for that code. Complicated, but check the bottom of the page on this link, very good. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84295
Old 12-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
nosho
AF Newbie

thanks for the info maxwedge.
nosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
GMMerlin
I know stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosho
02 trailblazer giving a code 0014 says its camshaft phase angle error ???? we thought it was the camshaft position sensor but changed it and the light came back on.. thanks for your input...
This code has to do with the camshaft actuator solenoid and not the sensor.
A Tech 2 will allow you to command the solenoid.
This is a tough code to diagnose because of all the possible faults that could cause this.
Solenoid, actuator, oil pressure, timing chain, cam or crank end play could cause this.
Best to leave this one to a factory trained technician.
GM WCT
Yea..I work at a DEALERSHIP....got a problem with that?

Want to diagnose cars like the Pros? FOR SALE: OTC Perception 2 channel Labscope (badged as a Matco Reality)
This is my personal labscope that I use to diagnose waveforms, like new, comes with leads and training video
PM Me for details
GMMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #5
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Cam phaser actuator solenoid problems are not unheard of on the atlas 4.2L. If you disconnect the electrical connector to the CPAS and find oil in there, you will need a new CPAS. It's an easy r/r if that is indeed the cause of your concern.

Joel

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT