Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
SupraTuner12010
AF Newbie

MK1 MR2 Again

I havn't ben on in a long time because I got aother car because I just didn't want to put up with my mr2 having no money.Then recently I got my money from my lawer from a car accident a while back. I bought a 1990 Honda Accord 2dr coup(auto) from my brother 4 $200 and spent over $1400 on it buying a new moter and just other stuff it needed.Its almost done got it runing but spark plug tube seals blone,so when I fix that I will most likely sell and get back to my MR2 because Ive realized my Manuel MR2 will do me better in the long run.So I have a few questions about my MR2.

1st It trys to turn over,its starts spining and everything but it just wont kick over all the way? From my previous research Ive learned that the 4age has a tendency to blow the headgaskets, and since i didn't have money then, I didnt buy 1.So what else could be the reason its not kicking over all the way???

2nd Im pritty sure its not the battery itself since ive used an Optima Deep Cycle from my dads vet.Could it be the Connections?Please Help???!!!

Just got to say Im glad to be bac, and I love the 1st gen MR2's
SupraTuner12010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
silversup
AF Newbie

Re: MK1 MR2 Again

Pop off one of your spark plugs to make your you are gettng spark from your coil. Next pop off the distributer cap to see if all is well under there. Afterwards check your fuel pressure.
silversup is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S