Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
Jason_S
AF Newbie

Exclamation Daytime running light problem? 2004 Sorento LX 4x4

I have a 2004 Sorento LX 4x4 with a problem, or maybe not a problem. I am in Canada, so it has daytime running lights.

When I start it, the daytime running lights come on. But, the marker lamps come on as well. So do the ones in the taillights. When I turn the switch on the steering column to turn on the marker lights, it does nothing, because the marker lights are already on. BUT, you can hear a clicking noise as if they turn on, but they are already on. Wierd. Headlights and everything else works perfect. This is a 2004 Canadian model, no command start or other issues.

I took it to the dealer, and they said it was normal for my model. We checked an 06, and of course the marker lights didn't come one with the daytime running lights. We checked an 04 Sorento as well, same thing. The marker lights didn't come on.

They said they went to the used car showroom, found a 2004 Sorento LX 4x4, and they said the marker lights came on with the daytime running lights.

They said that they didn't come on in the EX models because they must have been wired different.

Any Canucks out there with an '04 Sorento LX that can check to see if their marker lights come on with the daytime running lights? Dealer said this was "normal operation" which I find hard to believe. Never saw that before. Plus why would they have the setting on the steering column switch to turn on the marker lights...if they are already on?

Thanks for any advice or input! I know electrical can be a pain, but this is odd. I hope I am not being jerked around.
Jason_S is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento