Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
coolcloo1019
AF Newbie

Anyone ever seen this in a Trailblazer?

So I'm not sure what's causing it but I thought this might be a good laugh. Whenever my headlights are on, not the daytime running lights but the normal headlights, I press my brakes and the left blinker on the dash lights up. Not only does it light up on the dash but it lights up the blinker in the mirror and it also lights up both of my reverse lights in the back. (Not fully bright as if you were backing up but very dim.) Also ONLY when my headlights are on, if I use my left blinker (the one that lights up on the dash) my blinker will blink very fast and as soon as I take my foot off the brake it goes back to normal. It is the craziest thing. If anyone knows what's causing this I'd appreciate you letting me know. It's driving me crazy. Thanks!
coolcloo1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
KGaugh1805
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to KGaugh1805
Re: Anyone ever seen this in a Trailblazer?

Inspect your 7-way trailer plug on the back of your truck... there might be corrosion in there shorting out the prongs and sending power back to other lights in your truck. I work on trailer hitchs and wiring everyday for a living and 99 percent of the time that is the problem with it. So check it out and let me know what you come up with.
KGaugh1805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
maxwedge
A990 racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGaugh1805
Inspect your 7-way trailer plug on the back of your truck... there might be corrosion in there shorting out the prongs and sending power back to other lights in your truck. I work on trailer hitchs and wiring everyday for a living and 99 percent of the time that is the problem with it. So check it out and let me know what you come up with.
To add , look at the circuits for the lt brake lite, possible bad ground or crossed over bulb filament, also remember these trucks, 2002-2004, had problems with the tailite modules in lamp assy.
maxwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
coolcloo1019
AF Newbie

Well, I went out and looked into it a little further. I checked out the trailer lights connector, nothing there. I took the light assembly out and was fiddling around with the connection on the back and all of a sudden it started working. I guess it was just a loose connection. Thankfully it's all fixed now and when I hit my brakes my reverse lights don't light up. Thanks for the suggestions fellas.
coolcloo1019 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT