Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #16
OffRoadSonoma
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSonoma Send a message via Yahoo to OffRoadSonoma
Re: Hello all. My 1999 Chevy Lumina for you to see.

I live in Michigan and I used to have a blue '96 lumina and one night we were out messing around with some friends and I had my 2,000,000 candlepower spot light in the back seat and shined it on my friends in front of us and 2 hours later when I went home there was a cop car sitting in my driveway waiting for me. They said they got 3 calls all at once about me impersonating a cop. They wanted to arrest me and impound my car for impersonating a cop. They let me off with a warning because I was so young back then. But around here they take it very serious. They've even hassled us about using stobes while we were parked in a parking lot. So you can do whatever you want, but know the consequences and what might happen if you do that.
OffRoadSonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 PM   #17
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadSonoma
I live in Michigan and I used to have a blue '96 lumina and one night we were out messing around with some friends and I had my 2,000,000 candlepower spot light in the back seat and shined it on my friends in front of us and 2 hours later when I went home there was a cop car sitting in my driveway waiting for me. They said they got 3 calls all at once about me impersonating a cop. They wanted to arrest me and impound my car for impersonating a cop. They let me off with a warning because I was so young back then. But around here they take it very serious. They've even hassled us about using stobes while we were parked in a parking lot. So you can do whatever you want, but know the consequences and what might happen if you do that.
Shoulda heard the speech I got while riding my 1990 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police Special home from the auction (with red and blues and siren still installed)...they told me I had to remove the stuff before riding it, but did I listen? OH HELL NO... What fun would that be?

They can spook you pretty good about that whole impersonation deal, huh?

...empty gun rack.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:23 PM   #18
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Come to think of it, that's how I learned everything I stated earlier about the laws here regarding lighting...he pretty much read the entire section to me...

...empty gun rack.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #19
Xale
AF Newbie

Yeah, i wouldn't pull anyone over. Might turn the lights on as I'm going to a party. That would scare the fuck out of everyone. But mostly just to have on top what look like lights, cuz if people see the lights, they know they should slow down [even if they arn't on].
Xale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:48 PM   #20
gw84
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to gw84

Quote:
Originally Posted by quteasabutten
yeah illinois does suck go wisconsin!!
I hope you just mean that Illinois laws suck. Illinois otherwise Rocks!!! What's Wisconsin got? cheese, cows, cheese and more cows. Oooooh!!
gw84 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina