Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
|WYG|SS
AF Regular

sunbird 500$ thinking about buying

ive seen a sunbird 2 door at a lot for 500 but as i got closer to car on windsheild it said no compression. would i have to replace rins and head gasket if i would decide in buying it? not sure wut year it is. might be a later model. probly a 4cyl. i was wondering could i buy the car casue i own a 91 right now but not likeing the 4 door look. could i posibly drop the engine from my 4 door to the 2 door? mine is a 4cyl. only problem is i don't know if the brackets are the same.
|WYG|SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
Madcat455
AF Regular

Re: sunbird 500$ thinking about buying

as long as there both 4 cylinders, you should be fine. IF the other Bird is newer (92+) it'll probably have MPFI instead of TBI like your 91. So, you'll need to use the manifold off of the new car.

Otherwise, it should just drop right in. Make sure you replace the rubber engine mounts since you're in there.

Good Luck.
Madcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
|WYG|SS
AF Regular

dang car is not their anymore
Old 05-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #4
Madcat455
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by |WYG|SS
dang car is not their anymore
Don't feel bad. Cheap cars don't last long here too. I put my 96 Grand Am in the paper $1500.. Hit the ad's Friday, got 3 calls, Sat one of them came out... looked at it, and then it was gone. Not even 24hrs later. Still getting calls (12 and counting), cause I can't call till Mon. to get it removed.

Good Luck, keep you eyes open. THey pop up for sale all the time. There's a turbo Sunbird in a yard here, complete, that I've been eyeballing... can't get up the courage to go for it though.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
|WYG|SS
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcat455
Don't feel bad. Cheap cars don't last long here too. I put my 96 Grand Am in the paper $1500.. Hit the ad's Friday, got 3 calls, Sat one of them came out... looked at it, and then it was gone. Not even 24hrs later. Still getting calls (12 and counting), cause I can't call till Mon. to get it removed.

Good Luck, keep you eyes open. THey pop up for sale all the time. There's a turbo Sunbird in a yard here, complete, that I've been eyeballing... can't get up the courage to go for it though.
turbo sunbird? how much? :P the place it was at looked partly like a little junkyard.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
Madcat455
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by |WYG|SS
turbo sunbird? how much? :P the place it was at looked partly like a little junkyard.
Don't know how much... won't ask unless I'm ready. Don't want them to have any time to guess on how badly I might want it (percieved desire increases price) .

Why... You getting the itch?? I'm not gonna go for it. Not keeping the bird much longer, eyeballing a 2000 Alero.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > General Discussion