Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aspire
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
aspirehelp
AF Newbie

Exclamation Aspire Bad Idle

I have a 95 aspire that just had the front crank seal, oil pangastket, waterpump, cam seal, and timing belt done after an accedent (minor).
I replaced all those parts and after not running for a year it not idles like crap. When you first start the car its runs fine, then it warms up and idles down and shimmies like a mofo. It shakes the whole car and smokes. What could cause this? before the accident air filter, spark plugs/wires and fuel filter were done what else might cause this nice lil problem. So far this rought idle had never accualy caused the car to stall out. Please help me, Thank You

Concerned Aspire Owner.
aspirehelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
aspirehelp
AF Newbie

Re: Aspire Bad Idle

i just went outside to run the car again, and my dad noticed that it was smoking, but the car was up to temp and i was revving it, it was a white-sih smoke, then i heard something different. I let it idle, it was running awful, and i heard water in the tailpipe. It was running like crap and it sounded like there was a gnome in my tail pipe sahking a water bottle, LOL. anyway, COuld this cause crappy idle. since the car was unused for a year and the tail pipe wasnt covered up?
aspirehelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:12 PM   #3
BROOZKIE
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Aspire Bad Idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspirehelp
i just went outside to run the car again, and my dad noticed that it was smoking, but the car was up to temp and i was revving it, it was a white-sih smoke, then i heard something different. I let it idle, it was running awful, and i heard water in the tailpipe. It was running like crap and it sounded like there was a gnome in my tail pipe sahking a water bottle, LOL. anyway, COuld this cause crappy idle. since the car was unused for a year and the tail pipe wasnt covered up?
Normally white smoke from the tail pipe indicates a blown head gasket. Any signs of water droplets on the oil dipstick?
BROOZKIE is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aspire