Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 10:33 PM   #1
Quetzolcotl
AF Enthusiast

who here has installed their own body kit?

i was wondering if this was hard or not. i'm thinking they just use all the factory mounts from your stock bumpers. if so it would be way easy. do kits come with pre-drilled holes? how do the side skirts mount up? i think some have double sided tape but do they have bolts too? i've heard that you should have a shop do it incase they need to be modified or something.

Be like Ike.
Quetzolcotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 07:35 AM   #2
supafly1024
AF Enthusiast

Well I put my bodykit on and it wasn't too bad. Most kits don't come with pre-drilled holes so you might have to do that yourself.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:25 PM   #3
Beyond Imagination
AF Fanatic

I did my Black Widow kit without any idea of putting on a kit ... Even though Black Widow is one of the best fitting kits it still didn't fit perfect ... I would say it's an easy easy thing to to but everyone has different experiences with kits ...
Old 01-25-2002, 02:26 PM   #4
Rice-Rocketeer
AF Enthusiast

You need prefit it about 300 times while you drill the holes and fix any cracks in it and possibly reinforce key area with extra glass for extra protection. And most aftermarket front bumpers don't have supports holding the bottom of the bumper to underneath the car like stock ones do. So you need to get something like this:

To hold them from underneath to chasis or all the weight will be placed on the sides that hook up the fenders and eventually snap them apart.

As for the side skirts, depends. Some ppl have custom brackets. I myself used various bolts to hold it from underneath to existing holes I found in the chasis. Just gotta get in there and look around for all the support it needs.
Rice-Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:57 PM   #5
Quetzolcotl
AF Enthusiast

where do you get those extra stablizers from?

Be like Ike.
Quetzolcotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 04:28 PM   #6
Beyond Imagination
AF Fanatic

I went the cheaper way and made myself custom brackets to hold the kit more securely ...
Old 01-25-2002, 06:02 PM   #7
Rice-Rocketeer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Quetzolcotl
where do you get those extra stablizers from?
Those in particular are from www.teamprototype.com and go for $50 which is the best solution. But as mentioned, not the only solution.
Rice-Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 11:12 AM   #8
Atariallstar
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Atariallstar
ive put on a kit or 2. not really hard just gotta have a steady hand and patience if its urethane. fiberglass is about the same. all in all not really that hard. the kit i have is a cinch, only things that require some real drilling is the front bumper and the wing... im gonna stablize my side skirts with a couple hidden screws.

jdmclub sux for swaps.....5 months and overpriced in the end.
the future is near ! ! !
buyin another hatch so if you have one. let me know.
just bought 94 civic cx hatch
Atariallstar is offline   Reply With Quote