Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > SL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 08:45 PM   #1
LovinSL600

My new customized SL600

My new SL600 just entered the B0 status which means about 19 days to completion and then a month to ship. I can't wait because after test driving this car, I know exactly how great the ride is going to be.

This is what I ordered and the changes I am making to the car after it arrives:

1. Aegean Blue
2. All black interior
3. Sport package
4. All other options except the pano roof.

Now for the fun. When the car gets here I am doing the following:

1. Replacing Burlwood steering wheel, center console wood and both door panel wood trims with Black Ash wood. With an all black interior I think the Black Ash is going to be incredibly hot.

2. Going to replace the rear tail lamps with the AMG tail lamps which have the charcoal in them.

3. Installing the white illuminated door sills.

4. Installing the black alcantera instrument cluster cover. (This comes from the AMG and matches perfectly since my interior will be all black.)

5. Replacing the gray colored alcantera A-pillars, front, center and rear headliners, and sunvisors, the gray rear view mirror and the gray lamp assembly to the black alcantera A-pillars and headliners and the black mirror and lamp assembly. (Going to look great with the all black interior)

6. Replacing the AMG package wheels with the 5-Twin Spoke Wheel Multi-piece (STAGGERED).

Well, that is about it. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Will post pictures when my SL600 is all done.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:59 AM   #2
wings700
AF Newbie

Re: My new customized SL600

Sounds great! Good Luck with the car. BTW, just saw a new CL65 on the showroom floor. MSRP was about 182K. They tell me this car is as fast as the SL65 because weight is about the same. What's you feeling on the CL? I have a SL600 but do not care for the "convertable" feature. Just bought the car because it was powerful and neat looking.
wings700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #3
LovinSL600

Re: Re: My new customized SL600

The CL line is an incredible gorgeous looking car. It just depends upon what you are looking for. If the convertable feature is not important to you and you want a car that really does not have the sports car look then I would seriously consider the CL.

It handles great but does not give you the same sporty ride as the SL. It is not as low to the ground and even with its great ride, it won't handle the corners like the SL. It is however, fast, fast, fast.

It is just a matter of what you like and what feeling you are looking for. The inside is also quite different. Again, not as sporty, but extremely beautiful.

All around the CL is different from the SL, but a great powerful car.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:12 PM   #4
merklep24k
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to merklep24k
I have a 2004 SL500 and I added the illuminated door sills, they are really cool. Except getting them in white, I got the blue. It is really neat at night to open the doors and see the blue SL light up. but i do agree that the glass roof feature is nothing great. But you were mentioning about getting your interior redone, where are you getting all the parts from? Im just curious because it sounds really cool.
merklep24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:15 PM   #5
merklep24k
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to merklep24k
Also where could I find the tail lights that you were mentioning, thanks.
merklep24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 05:00 PM   #6
LovinSL600

Quote:
Originally Posted by merklep24k
I have a 2004 SL500 and I added the illuminated door sills, they are really cool. Except getting them in white, I got the blue. It is really neat at night to open the doors and see the blue SL light up. but i do agree that the glass roof feature is nothing great. But you were mentioning about getting your interior redone, where are you getting all the parts from? Im just curious because it sounds really cool.
The interior replacement parts can only be ordered through an authorized Mercedes dealer. They are the similar parts on my SL600 but from the AMG line.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #7
LovinSL600

Quote:
Originally Posted by merklep24k
Also where could I find the tail lights that you were mentioning, thanks.
The tail lights can only be gotten from an authorized Mercedes dealer. They are the same tail lights that are on an SL55 or SL65.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:49 PM   #8
i drive nothing
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to i drive nothing

wow. u should get a brabus. dam. those are hot. and u must be freaking rich. how much is this gonna cost u?
i drive nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:30 AM   #9
LovinSL600

Re: Re: My new customized SL600

Quote:
Originally Posted by i drive nothing
wow. u should get a brabus. dam. those are hot. and u must be freaking rich. how much is this gonna cost u?
It is going to be rather expensive.

The MSRP of the base car is $145,750...now for the extra's.

1. Replacing Burlwood steering wheel, center console wood and both door panel wood trims with Black Ash wood. We just realized yesterday that also have to replace the gear shift knob. The freaken steering wheel is about $3,250 alone and the center console is $1,495 so this whole package will be around $6,000 including installation.

2. Going to replace the rear tail lamps with the AMG tail lamps which have the charcoal in them. The tail lamps are $306 each and with installation, about $900 in total.

3. Installing the white illuminated door sills. The sills are $995 and with installation around $1,200.

4. Installing the black alcantera instrument cluster cover. The alcantara instrument cluster cover is $386 and nothing to install. It just snaps in.

5. Replacing the gray colored alcantera A-pillars, front, center and rear headliners, and sunvisors, the gray rear view mirror and the gray lamp assembly to the black alcantera A-pillars and headliners and the black mirror and lamp assembly. This part is VERY ugly. In total for everything, about $6,000.

6. Replacing the AMG package wheels with the 5-Twin Spoke Wheel Multi-piece (STAGGERED). The wheels are $2,392.

7. SIRUS radio which is about $900 installed.

So, adding them up, in addition to the $145,750 base I am spending $17,778 for a total of $163,528 plus tax. Not cheap but I know the car is going to be gorgeous.

By the way my car went into B7 status today which means it is complete and at the port waiting for the next ship which should be within the week. YEAH!

Last edited by LovinSL600; 12-05-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:20 PM   #10
i drive nothing
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to i drive nothing

wow. ur freaking rich. i wish i could have a integra or something. or like. civic....
i drive nothing is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > SL