Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 12:02 PM   #1
S13wanabe
AF Enthusiast

Question Control Module (Venom)

Does anyone know if the Venom V400 control module does any good on a stock KA? Venom claims a 10%-25% increase in power. Can anyone vouge or confirm this? Is this part even worth getting for $270 if I was to keep my car with no turbo for a while?
S13wanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:53 PM   #2
lifeonfire
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to lifeonfire
yeah ive seen those and was wondering myself if the do any good. sorry i couldnt tell ya though. im sure it probably is a good product coming from venom.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
zdude
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to zdude
Re: Control Module (Venom)

a kid i know has one, i havent seen the results, but he claims to be runnin 200hp with exhaust and the module. i claim major bs, but my friend rode in the car and said he noticed a decent difference in power up high around 5k. not much good tho cuz it redlines at around 6500

92 Paseo (Died)
90 Corolla (Died)
89 240sx (sold then died)
85 735i (Died)
95 Corolla (Damn Deer)
94 Renault Espace (gave away lol)

94 BMW 316i
97 BMW 528i
97 Blazer

trackrunner2004@gmail.com
zdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:37 PM   #4
GT500916
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GT500916
i think its a piece of crap and crap goes down the drain so thats where your money is gonna go... my friend got the venom on his Z28 ... increase 10-25% in HP my butt!!! he has about 275 hp so 10% from that is like 27.5 hp so thats a few over 300 and i can tell u i didnt feel much difference. on a 240 you gonna get 15hp if that.. id say 10 possibly... and $270 for 10 hp... think about it!! for that amount go buy either some pulleys or the under drive pulley, that alone give you about 8-10hp, and with the alternator and water punp and AC pulleys thats another 10 right there.. or migh as well buy an electric fan that will free up some HP as well. those clutch fans are stupid and shouldnt be there, id guess 10hp can be released just by putting electric fan on.

All im saying is there is a better way you can spend your $270.. venom is the last thing id do...id reather put that $270 toward a turbo that id get down the line
GT500916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:07 PM   #5
lifeonfire
AF Newbie

Quote:
All im saying is there is a better way you can spend your $270.. venom is the last thing id do...id reather put that $270 toward a turbo that id get down the line
yeah id have to agree there. save up for something better.

btw i like your sig GT
Old 10-03-2004, 08:40 PM   #6
GT500916
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GT500916
Re: Control Module (Venom)

btw i like your sig GT[/quote]

thanks man. and the tight thing about it is that its stock etreriot pretty much minus the wheels and back spoiler. everything else is stock, like the front bumper is stock with a stock front bumper lip, and it just looks like its all aftermarket crap... this is what i want to do to mine. and ofcourse that intercooler sits there all hidden , this way cops wont pull u over thinking you are all illegal, and others who want to race you would be surprised as well
GT500916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:54 PM   #7
lifeonfire
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Control Module (Venom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500916
btw i like your sig GT
Quote:
thanks man. and the tight thing about it is that its stock etreriot pretty much minus the wheels and back spoiler. everything else is stock, like the front bumper is stock with a stock front bumper lip, and it just looks like its all aftermarket crap... this is what i want to do to mine. and ofcourse that intercooler sits there all hidden , this way cops wont pull u over thinking you are all illegal, and others who want to race you would be surprised as well
haha yeah im doing that with my car right now. i have 2 gauges in the cupholder of my civic. you cant see them when the lid is down and you have to lift up the lid and turn on the switch (which is in the coin holder so you have to flip that down to see them to haha) and some other stuff too (not revealing)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX