Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
blacknight
AF Regular

Accord vs. Jetta TDI

Ok, here we go. Coming down the hill on Rte. 46E I cruise up along side of a Nice looking black Jetta. It was simple but looked good. Dropped, tint, 17/18in black wkeels w/ a polished lip and exhaust. I get to a light (at Teterboro airport) right behind him. I couldn't tell what model because he had the emblems shaved off. But I have to admit it looked and sound really nice. While behind him at the light, I gave him a hard rev so he can hear my Intake and he replied with a nice sound from his exhaust. Light goes green and he's off. I give chase and jump in the middle lane. I suddenly see some black smoke from his exhaust as he redlines and shifts. I shift to 2nd chirp the front wheels and I'm reeling him in pretty quick. Top out 2nd I hit 3rd and I pull a little. Up to around 90, (top of 3rd) slow down and pulls up along side and honks the horn with a smile and turns off. I go home witha nice thinking I know it wasn't a VR6 because that grin would surely be turned into a :oops: I was thinking it was a 1.8T but I ran with that before and that was a much harder run. Then I thought, it was probably a TDI (TurboDeisel) model which doesn't offer much power. and would explain all the black smoke at his redline. Did some homework, and that car only makes 100hp but a whopping 177ft. lbs of torque.
http://research.cars.com/go/crp/feat...7&aff=national
I really didn't have to worry about his torque though cause it tops out at 1,800RPM's
Chalk one more up for............THE BLACKNIGHT
Old 08-05-2004, 03:25 AM   #2
pikkagtr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Accord vs. Jetta TDI

sounds like a fun race
man that's a lot of tq for such low revs!

#464 NBP ITR
Comptech Sports Intake+ Ice Box, AEM FPR, AEM fuel rail, Nology wires, Greddy Iridium plugs, DC sports 4-1 SS header, Apex'i N1 Exhaust, Apex'i VAFC II tuned

XTC@8.5K
" Stop dreaming the life, Start living the Dream..."
pikkagtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:15 AM   #3
DirtyD777
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to DirtyD777
Is that really all the power those make? I have a friend of a friend here who has a stock Turbo Deisel Jetta..don't know the year but it's one of the newer ones.. Well they wanted to run it against me the other night and I was alittle hesitant... but I don't know I'll probably ending up racing it soon just for fun.. for better or worse lol.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:05 AM   #4
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
ah, nice run buddy.

vw's period have nice torque numbers at low rpm. nice kill, keep'm up.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
KrNxRaCer00 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!