Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
Mr. Beelzebub
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Beelzebub Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Beelzebub
My car got broken into a couple of nights ago - HELP

I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX. I had just installed a new set of 17' Konig Tantrums in my car, and that same night it got broken into.
They must have been amateurs because the screw they were using to yank the ignition cylinder out broke. All I have in the car is the stock keyless entry and now I am looking for a better security system.

I was leaning more towards buying a passive immobilizer than a regular alarm since alarms go off every 10 minutes around my area.
Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated... I need somethin in my car soon; alarm, immobilizer, club, anything.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:16 PM   #2
boomersoonercivic
AF Newbie

Re: My car got broken into a couple of nights ago - HELP

i have the clifford responder alarm. i had a problem with it going off all the time, so they set the sensativity one level lower. it cost like 450ish at best buy, but after someone broke into my 03 civic, it was worth it. at least check it out.
boomersoonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:22 PM   #3
Darchside
AF Newbie

Sorry to hear about your car..I've gone thru the same...you should try some sort of kill switch or electronic hood lock so that it takes more time for them to get your car started...which entails to giving you more time to hear/react to the alarm.

If you got the cash though, you can go for them sercurity systems with pagers as the control. If anything happens to your car, it'll notify your pager, telling you that something is going on with your car or that your alarm is going off.

Hope you find out who did what they did to your car, cause ppl need a serious ass beating.
Darchside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:37 AM   #4
sofast
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sofast Send a message via MSN to sofast Send a message via Yahoo to sofast
I would recomend a two way paging alarm. when your alarm is triggered you will be paged from your key pad. It willeven show you the door of entry on the lcd screen. Go to http://www.directed.com or http://www.autopageusa.com . Thes are the brands that I suggest. Dont buy a no name alarm you will only have problems.
sofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:44 AM   #5
Mr. Beelzebub
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Beelzebub Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Beelzebub
Re: My car got broken into a couple of nights ago - HELP

It turns out that there is a group of assholes breaking into cars around my area. They have broken into about 4 cars in my block since the beggining of the year.
Thanks for the link, bro. I have to get something soon... Probably a 2-way paging alarm.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:13 PM   #6
Jed_Atreides
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Jed_Atreides Send a message via AIM to Jed_Atreides
You mentioned 'club' as the anti theft. Why not use it? If it's so effective as most ppl say, why do ppl still use alarms? Is it b/c club only deters car thief, and not theifs who wants to steal the interior/exterior car componets?
Jed_Atreides is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio