Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Events, Meetings, Cruises
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 06:04 AM   #16
zapf
AF Regular

Has anyone got photos or video's of the burn outs? If so please post them to me.

Also why does this oil surge problem only happens to GTR's?

Cheers
Zapf
zapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 08:43 AM   #17
Anguss R33
AF Enthusiast

Hmmm, missed the burnouts. bugger!
Nice meeting some of you's, was a really good day and glad to see the weather improving considering it rained when we got there! :licker:

Regards
Anguss R33.
Anguss R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 01:00 PM   #18
koschakm
AF Newbie

Thanks Brenhan, Brett and Ray for your help.

Brett, I will certainly be considering my options and getting quotes. Anyway, depending on the cost, I might just park it up until I can afford to repair it. I'm maxed out with debt at the moment and would prefer not to get deeper into the hole!

Brenhan, I hope your problems are easily and inexpensively dealt with.

Ray, it was great to catch up with you on Saturday. Thank you very much for your efforts in getting the coil cover off to check that no. 6 cylinder to confirm my fears.

I will be in Wellington over Christmas where I hope to catch up with your fellow SDU members. I don't know if anything has been arranged yet regarding a meeting place, time and date.

Mark
V SPEC
koschakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 01:36 PM   #19
moondog
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to moondog Send a message via AIM to moondog
bugger bugger bugger!! Real sorry to hear that, Mark! Hope it works out ok.

1996 R33 series 2 GTS25t coupe 173 rwkw
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 03:24 PM   #20
zapf
AF Regular

Mark,
When you found out what needed to be replaced let me (us) know. I might be able to hook you up with those cosworth pistons.... Or if you decide to go for a standand set of rings.

All,
Would Heel Toe, Rev match down shifting with Engine braking while braking have helped? Since it keeps the engine spinning and oil pump turning.

And would running a thicker oil have helped?

Zapf
Old 11-19-2001, 03:36 PM   #21
SDUCentral
AF Newbie

I cant imagine that heel n toe would've done much in this case.
Basically the thing erupted within about a second of Mark backing off.

Im actually thinking the damage might well have been done early in the run rather than at the braking point. Looking under the bonnett there was a shitload of oil that had been blown out under considerable pressure....more likely to have occurred under full throttle conditions.

Either way...it happened and now its gotta be fixed.

Lets know what you end up doing Mark....dont want to see the beasty off the road for too long so if Ive got any spares down here that you need we can work out a deal.

Ray
SDUCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 06:07 PM   #22
kennydead
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to kennydead
uhm......as far as my knowledge or driving skills. heel and toe is a very good technic to use to upset the rear end and the car will step out and start drifting. (i did a few times in my skyline, which works quite well in the wet, especially car with not much power)

using it in other way, i dont know how it will work. but i have seen a lot of circuit racer used the same technic.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:12 PM   #23
zapf
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by kennydead
uhm......as far as my knowledge or driving skills. heel and toe is a very good technic to use to upset the rear end and the car will step out and start drifting. (i did a few times in my skyline, which works quite well in the wet, especially car with not much power)

using it in other way, i dont know how it will work. but i have seen a lot of circuit racer used the same technic.
Really? I use it to keep my car stable with engine braking as well as braking hard with the brakes. As well as to stop quicker... :flash:
Old 11-19-2001, 06:17 PM   #24
kai
AF Newbie

Felix

dont give us that crap about heal toe changes dude....we all know you just got your foot caught behind the pedal....anyway isnt your car an auto???
kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 06:23 PM   #25
zapf
AF Regular

Doch!... how did you found out about my sticky sixth toe? Ahhhh... busted. :silly2:

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Events, Meetings, Cruises