Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange
Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange Sell your car and parts or post what you are looking for.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
LancerZero
AF Newbie

Cool FS: 2001 Malibu in eastern VA

Here's the deal: I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu with 78,000 miles. I bought it the day after Christmas in 2003 with 54,541 miles. I ran an AutoCheck report, and found out that it was a fleet/rental before I bought it, which makes sense because the back seat felt like it had never been sat in, and the driver's side power lock switch doesn't move quite as smoothly as the one on the passenger's side, because it's been used more. I've driven it to school and work, and it brought me to my present location in the 23693 zip code (Yorktown, VA) from Texas. Here's a list of features:

-170hp, 190lb-ft V6. First year in which the V6 was standard in Malibus. Replaced the lower intake manifold at around 72,000 miles, before it could become a problem. Fuel filter replaced at 56,000 miles. Plenty of power, and it's a torquey little bugger - even with a trunk and backseat loaded to the top with clothes and stuff (including a complete computer system), a passenger in the front, the A/C on nonstop, for the entire 1500 mile trip here from TX I was never lacking for merging or passing power.

-Cruise control - a little finicky, for some reason. Surges about 2mph, then lets up, then repeats. Then, it'll work perfectly.

-Power windows - work perfectly.

-Power door locks - work perfectly. Driver's side tends to stick in whatever position you put it in, though, just from use. The car automatically unlocks all doors as soon as you turn the engine off, so you have to use the power locks to lock it back up before you get out. GM convenience feature that means you use the switch a lot.

-Automatic Transmission - 'Bus don't come with 5spd, of course. 4 speed auto with overdrive, I've had absolutely no problems with it.

-Stereo: six-speaker factory am/fm rado/CD player, with RDS (Radio Data System - displays song and station info, where available). Two-way Pioneer 4 x 6's installed up front, and 6 x 9 Pioneer full-range speakers in back.

-ABS: It works. Saved my butt when it snowed up here last winter.

-Tires: it had the original tires when I bought it. Changed them out for a pair of Generals and a pair of Barums (both sets are 40,000 mile tires) at around 56,500 miles. One of the Barums had the indecency to acquire a hole in the sidewall (damn constructions sites . . .) somewhere in the neighborhood of 69,000 miles. Barums were unavailable, as I'd moved, so I replaced it with a Firestone tire also rated for 40,000 miles. All have good tread. The last time I used the spare, I made sure it was at the correct pressure (60psi), and it has plenty of tread, as I've only used it twice (once one of the Generals was punctured - took it in to a tire shop and had it plugged).

-Lights: No problems. No bulbs replaced since I bought the car.

-Body:
---There are four dings in the passenger side door where a single metal shopping cart (that's right, one cart) ran downhill in a store parking lot and ran into my car. Dings less than three millimeters in depth and vertically aligned.
---One paint scrape (no body indentation, the scrape was only through the paint) that was present when I bought the car, roughly one inch wide, running from the front of the passenger side door to the rear of the passenger rear door and also touching on the plastic fenders. I painted over the scrape enough to protect it from the weather, but it is still noticeable.
---Also paint missing from the rear bumper (two spots, about two square inches apiece) from where I was rear-ended at about 4mph at a stoplight. The car in front of me started moving, I started moving, the car in front stopped after a couple of feet, I stopped after a couple of feet, the vehicle behind me did not. Paint damage only.
---Sizeable dent in right front fender with accompanying black rubber scrape mark about three inches long. I came back out to my car one day after class (community college), and found that I had been given a dent in the fender while I was gone. Never found the culprit.

Why am I selling this car? A few reasons:

1. I'm in college still, and college is getting more expensive, even at the community college level. That V6 consistently gets me 20mpg in the city, and 25-26 on the highway. From the miles I drive, I've figured out that I can save around $500 or more per year if I were driving a Honda Civic or something comparable.

2. Current Blue Book and NADA values are such that I can sell my car for enough money to pay off my loan completely, instead of selling it at a loss, which wouldn't be very economical for me.

3. I don't need a big, powerful family sedan. All that backseat space and V6 power is wasted on me. I just need something to get me cheaply through college. Yes, I want a Civic, and no, I'm not going to rice or race it.

I'll miss my car - we've been through good and bad times in the year and a half I've owned it, and I want my baby 'Bu to go to someone that'll take good care of her. I'm asking $5,000 or best offer. The goal is to sell my car before classes start up again on August 20. For more information, to make an offer, or to ask a question, please either send me a message via this board or e-mail me at lancerzero9@hotmail.com - I'm also more than willing to take digital photos of whatever part of the car an interested party wants to see. VIN # is 1G1ND52J41M593670.
2007 Toyota Yaris 3d: (82k) 3-10-11
LancerZero is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange