Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 08:23 AM   #1
CBURKE
AF Enthusiast

Help with dash light (don't no what it is)

There is a friend here that has a 2000 saturn and she say's that there is a dash light on that looks like wavey lines and an --> pointing down. Does anyone know what that is?
CBURKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:48 AM   #2
sierrap615
Master Tech Wanna-be

Re: Help with dash light (don't no what it is)

sounds to me like the the coolent light. check the coolent level, if its good, the level sensor or ECT may need replaced.
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
Maria36
AF Newbie

I have a 98 Saturn SL1. I have a similar flashing dash light that looks like that on the left, but on the right there is a small box. I cannot tell if it is the battery light, the oil light or what in the world it is? How helpful is this, if you can't tell what the car is warning you? Does anyone have any idea what the light may be? Also, it flashes and then goes off. Thanks for any replies.
Maria36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:45 PM   #4
sickcallawayc12
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria36
I have a 98 Saturn SL1. I have a similar flashing dash light that looks like that on the left, but on the right there is a small box. I cannot tell if it is the battery light, the oil light or what in the world it is? How helpful is this, if you can't tell what the car is warning you? Does anyone have any idea what the light may be? Also, it flashes and then goes off. Thanks for any replies.
Sounds to me like the same thing he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrap615
sounds to me like the the coolent light. check the coolent level, if its good, the level sensor or ECT may need replaced.
Your owners manual describes what the different patterns of the light means. Most of the people that have been in my car think it is an oil light or a battery light or both too so don't feel bad. I don't see the confusion though.
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #5
Maria36
AF Newbie

Thanks for your reply. I bought the car used, so I don't have a manual. Whatever it turns out to be, I just hope it is not expensive!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 01:36 AM   #6
sierrap615
Master Tech Wanna-be

when you frist turn the key on all light should turn on for a few seconds as a self test. the battery light is a box with a + and - inside, the oil light is a old fashion oil can with a drop.
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:17 AM   #7
Maria36
AF Newbie

Thanks for all the replies. It did turn out to be the coolant level, which was only about 1/2 inch low in the reservoir. The mechanic put in a little water and it was all good. And he did show me how to turn the key to see what the warning lights look like. Lo and behold there was the oil can and the battery picture! When I thought I might have to spend some serious money, I could not think straight.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > General Discussion