Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Spare Tire Removal

I recently had an issue where I had a flat tire happen. For the first time that I had to use the spare tire and couldn't get it out from underneath the truck. So after figuring out the crank that lowers it down, there is a device in the middle of the tire that did not release the way it should have.

Any suggestions on how to remove this "lock". Instructions indicated that it should come off easily, totally not the case.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Jethro
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jethro
Re: Spare Tire Removal

you have to get enough slack to work one end thru the wheel hole. it isnt that difficxult.
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
you have to get enough slack to work one end thru the wheel hole. it isnt that difficxult.
Not sure I follow you buddy. Could you be a bit more detailed. You'll have to understand a few things. At the time of said flat, it was 5 degrees outside, 5 in the morning and dark. So I couldn't really see the lock that good. Once daylight broke, I noticed the locking mechanism, but couldn't tell if there was anything that would release it. I've been searching the internet for pics of the mechanism and how to release, but to no avail. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
Jethro
AF Regular

When the tire has been completely lowered, tilt the retainer at the end of the cable and pull it through the wheel opening. Pull the tire out from under the vehicle.

Read more: Chevy Questions - How do you remove the spare tire from the 2003 Chevy Trail - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/1m7m...#ixzz1EBGAJphP
Old 02-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
Jethro
AF Regular

Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
THANK YOU!!

That video was great in explaining. Interestingly though, my spare did not travel down as far as his did. If came down about half the distance and the crank did not move anymore. I guess something is wrong with mine. That was a great help regardless. Thanks.

I will look into seeing how to fix it.