Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 03:54 PM   #1
lance_kidd
AF Newbie

Small Dents in Hood

Hello guys, wow it has been a few years since I have been on here. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra. I just paid it off a few months ago, so congratulations to me lol. 28,000 miles on it and is in almost new condition. There are two small dents in my hood and while I’m driving and the sun is on it, it is all I see.

I have bought a large dent puller to no avail, but that was about three years ago, and it was all Walmart had and I took it back. But last week, I bought the smaller puller, which is about 2 inch diameter. It will not pull the dent out (it will, but… it won’t stay out). If I open the hood, I am able to push one of the dents out. But it will not stay out. It is like the hood is not made of metal. So although I can take my thumb and push it completely out, I don’t understand what else I can do to get these dents out other than a lot of money.

Looks like somebody walked up to it (about three years ago) and hit it twice with their knuckles. Just a small dent and then the other one is about 2 inches from it. It’s not noticeable too much, unless I’m behind the wheel and then the sun shining on them makes them look terrible. I mean… two small indentions, and I cannot push them out and make them stay out.

I don’t like it. Can anyone tell me what to do to get this out, and if I do get it pushed out what can I do to get it to stay?

Any help on this is greatly, greatly appreciated, because I used to come here a good bit, and the help I have received has been better than what I have received at the damn place I bought it.

Thank you,
Chris
lance_kidd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra