Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Highlander for a 4Runner

LEM
08-20-2008, 08:04 AM
We're trading our 2007 Highlander in for a 2008 4Runner. We''re going with the V8 option for the towing capacity and the Limited package for the wife! This will be our first 4Runner.
Can you all give me some ideas of what to expect with it?

When it arrives at the dealer and we go in to inspect it before taking delivery, what problems should we look for?

What accessories have you found to be the most beneficial?

Thanks for the feedback!

xthirdimpact
10-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Congrats on purchasing the new 4Runner! The new ones look great, and although i keep my 03' 4Runner Sport Edition mostly "stock", i would look for these issues:

The sunroof rattle. There's a common problem you might see in the forum on this topic. Ive found its the cables inside the roof/moon roof assembly that cause this "rattle". Bottom line is if you hear the rattle above yer head, it can get annoying. Ive learned to tune it out, but it wont go away and if you do want it fixed, which they say is impossible to do, it'll cost you big $$.

As for accessories, i have the front bumper guard (i havent ever seen it on a Limited) but i love it. Love the look. I would get the bug-guard / hood protector, BUT make sure they put the silicone guards on the hood where it can rub. I actually put those pads that you put on the feet of chairs that make it so your floor doesnt get scratched....i put those inbetween the hood and the bracket so it wouldnt rub the hood paint.

Good luck with the new ride! You'll love the AWD V-8! Soooo much better than the V-6!

LEM
10-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks. So far we really like the vehicle! We took it offroading yesterday and it did very well on some trails that were much rougher than I thought they were going to be, but once you start up a narrow trail you've got to get to the end in order to turn around...it was a blast.

Add your comment to this topic!