Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

start

CaviChic2000
02-25-2003, 12:12 PM
hey guys i really dont know what to put here, one of my friends told me to sign up on here and i was bored so i did:) anyway, i have a 2000 white cavalier and i'm hoping to fix it up but with the hours and pay i get at work that wont happen anytime soon but i'm gonna try. and i really dont know what all to do to it...any ideas?

Shortbus
02-25-2003, 12:14 PM
Welcome to AF, Hopefully some of our resident Cav experts can give you some ideas.

CrimsonShadows
02-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Welcome, I am also new to the forum, with same car (in black). I have learned so much about it in just the short two days I have read the threads. I must say that Automotive Forums is a wealth of information and that we have come to the right place for information. :D

Shortbus
02-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by CrimsonShadows
Welcome, I am also new to the forum, with same car (in black). I have learned so much about it in just the short two days I have read the threads. I must say that Automotive Forums is a wealth of information and that we have come to the right place for information. :D

Welcome to Af, glad to hear you are enjoying it here.:)

CaviChic2000
02-25-2003, 09:15 PM
thanks guys :jump: anyway, if you have any ideas let me know..b/c i dont know what i wanna do first :)

CrimsonShadows
02-26-2003, 10:12 AM
I am going to do a dual exhaut system first, and then a body kit, probably the bomax. :cool:

BLU CIVIC
02-26-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by CaviChic2000
thanks guys :jump: anyway, if you have any ideas let me know..b/c i dont know what i wanna do first :)

DO A SEARCH AND SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE DONE

WELCOME TO AF :biggrin2:

CaviChic2000
02-26-2003, 10:15 AM
See i for real wanna do sooo much to my car but i make $6.50 at Subway and I barely work at all...so i have no money...but what should i do..i know i'm gonna tint my windows first but after that i dunno...help!

CrimsonShadows
02-26-2003, 10:32 AM
ya I know the feeling, I still have to pay for the car (bought it on my credit card). so I'll have to pay for the car before having any money to spend on it. :mad: Although I'll do all the labour myself so that'll help lower my costs. ;)

CaviChic2000
02-26-2003, 10:38 AM
yeah i seriously dont know much about cars :( ..like i know enough to wanna fix it up and know kinda what's goin on...but there is no way i could put the stuff on myself..luckily a few of my ex b/fs know a lot more than me...so they're gonna help me out...:flash:

CrimsonShadows
02-26-2003, 11:42 AM
I don't really know that much either, so I see this as an excellent opportinuty to learn :D. Although I'll probably just really mess up my car badly :p.

CaviChic2000
02-26-2003, 11:50 AM
hahaha well i guess were in about the sam place right now..but thats why i have my friends to help me fix up cars...a lotte people my age around here are into fixin up cars and trucks so i shoul be fine...:frog:

Pikachoo
02-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by CrimsonShadows
still have to pay for the car (bought it on my credit card)

You bought a car on your credit card...:huh: I bet the interest is killing you!!!

CrimsonShadows
02-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Actually I bought it on one credit card and then did a balance transfer to amex who is doing 5.5 on balance transfers. I would have to pay 7.1 if I went the bank finance route, so it's not THAT bad. But yes the interest does hurt :|

bloodhound43
02-27-2003, 11:26 AM
A few starting items that aren't to expensive would be i/h/e (intake/header/exhaust)
if you need any websites I got quite a few
P.S. welcome to AF:flash:

CaviChic2000
02-27-2003, 11:58 AM
see thats the funny thing, i have NO idea what half of that stuff is..actually i do but there are some things that i dont know about...so i need help..and actually my ex b/f said he was gonna get me exhaust...but i dont think hes goin to now b/c were not talkin and hes a jerk:flipa: (thats to him) lol

CaviChic2000
03-06-2003, 04:39 PM
ok so i ordered some coilovers for my car i'll prolly lower it about 3 inches...think its too much..umm i dunno someone tell me...anyway i think i'm gettin exhasut next...if you have any ideas lemme know...THANKS :)

stoodent
04-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Woah 3 inches sounds hefty :bloated:

Midnight Racer
04-17-2003, 11:10 AM
http://www.rksport.com they sell a lot of stuff for the Cavalier.

stuffed_crust
04-19-2003, 05:07 PM
a cheap thing to do would be to spray paint the interior. use the spray paint made for it though. graphics, wing, lighting, tint. if u look in popular electronics magazine they got some cheap stuff like tweeters flat tv screens. at amazing1.com u can buy an alarm that makes the person vomit. u could learn how to fiberglasss stuff. there is a body kit i want that is only 500 but it is in canada so i would have to pay 600 for shipping. u can sell the stuff u take off to make some money back. but dont do too much cheap stuff or people might start making fun of your car

:monkeypis:eek2:

streetcavi27
07-03-2003, 11:15 PM
For good performance, you might want to try a cold air intake and a performance chip. The performance chip will give you about 15-20 hp boost. All it does is make the car think that there is colder air than it really is. This is perfectly safe for your car. Just be carefull with the chip, if its really cheap ($2-$10, its probably a rip off. Ebay has alot of cheap parts.

SolTheHoelessPimp
07-04-2003, 10:55 AM
a chip, does n't just make the car think there is colder air coming it, it completely remaps the fuel tables, timing, and you will have to run 92 octane.

Add your comment to this topic!