Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

All 00+ J-bodies, concerning aftermarket stereos

ZenithZ24
02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
As some of you may remember, I had a service light a week ago with failing anti-lock brakes. Turns out the factory replacement interface module I used with my stereo shorted out the ABS system... I then realized this module by Scosche cost me $38.95 while most other interface replacements cost at least $80. So it could be a quality of the module issue...

So I was wondering, What you guys with 2000+ Cavaliers and Sunfires do with their aftermarket deck installation. You just lose the factory interface all together? Or do you use a T-harness to relocate the factory deck? Or do you guys also go with one of these nifty interface replacement modules? If you do which do you have? I don't want this problem on my 2003 Cavalier. And I'm hoping mine shorted out my ABS system because it was a low quality module and that a higher quality part will do the trick. I looked up the Scosche website and they have another interface replacement for 100 bucks. So yeah any input would be great.

Oh and to share my pain... My dealer charged me nearly 200 bucks simply to take out this module which shorted out my ABS, in turn restoring them. I wish they'd tell me what the problem was before doing work... I couldve done that myself in less than a half hour...

yhandor
02-20-2008, 02:38 AM
Shittt lol. I got a 97, ripped the factory cd deck out, plugged new harness in and connected the wires to my deck and voila I was done....I have heard of people doing that where they relocate the factory deck....that is a really stupid idea in my opinion, pay the extra to have it out, your car will thank you.

ZenithZ24
02-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Shittt lol. I got a 97, ripped the factory cd deck out, plugged new harness in and connected the wires to my deck and voila I was done....I have heard of people doing that where they relocate the factory deck....that is a really stupid idea in my opinion, pay the extra to have it out, your car will thank you.

Well, I think with my LS Sport, I'm going to put down some money and invest in what I hope to be a higher quality replacement interface module. At least I'll know this time if my ABS fail on me what to do myself. I was just wondering what other people did.

Classicrocjunkie
02-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Do you want your door chimes?

if not don't worry about the adapter harness. I covered all this in a sticky i made. Just no one ever chooses to read them 1/2 the time.

yhandor
02-20-2008, 02:30 PM
I read them lol, first thing I did when I joined the forum read the stickies

ZenithZ24
02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh, I read the stickies and looked up all the info I could on the Class 2 circuitry. I was just wondering what other people have done, and seeing if there was a higher quality interface adaptor. Its not so much I want the door chimes, but I want the power up and off system from the class 2. Where it'll stay on 10 minutes after the car is off or until the driver door is opened. So for that I need a factory interface adaptor or deck relocation (Haha yeah). So I was really just curious about what others have done. I know my stuff with this already.

Add your comment to this topic!