Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How do LED windsheild sprayers hook up?

www.rcjon.com
01-28-2003, 03:24 PM
I saw them at the store for like $15. I just wonder how they hook up. Where are the wires hooked up?

nicerydez
01-28-2003, 11:46 PM
depends, wherever your previous washer things are you might have to drill holes into your hood! the way you hook them up is:
1) install the washer nozzel into the desired location (hood)
2) connect both of the ground wires on the lights (usually black) together and find an area that they can be grounded on! ex, the negative terminal on the battery, the body, an already existing ground, etc.
3) just find the way that you will ground the wires but DON'T connect it yet!!
4) the posative wires from the lights (usually red) you should run through the firewall of the car to a switch!
5) depending on the switch, the one i had hooked up was very easy and was supplied with the lights.
6) the switch usually consists of 3 types of connections, 1) constant 12volt or (+), 2) your remote wire, switched wire or also known as the wire that when the switch is turned on is supplied with a 12v current. and 3) your ground wire or (-)
7) after connecting the wire from the fire wall (from the lights) to the switched wire portion on the toggel, you will then run a wire from the constant 12v portion on the switch to the battery, then attach the ground wire on the switch either one of these 2 ways, 1) connect it to the negative wire on the lights, then ground all together or 2) ground each sepperatly, lights one place and toggel switch in the other.
8) READ CAREFULLY.... the reason why i'm telling you to keep the negative wire un-attached until all of the other posative wires are connected is because you will reduce the risk of a shock. You also can reduce the risk of a shock by un-attaching the posative terminal on the battery!
9) once finished connecting all the posative wires, you can ground the negative wires.
9) if i were you though i would take a few extra steps in doing this, one do the connections to and from the switch properly using clamping connectors and by doing so you reduce the amount of electrical tape and the amount of a possible short, second i would somewhere between the batteries (+) and the posative area on the toggel switch run a fused link in the wire, this also reduces the risk of a short. I would encourage you to DIS-CONNECT the posative terminal on the battery before attempting this!! lastly, find a good place to put the switch, i personnaly don't like the sight of people having switch's hanging down by the wires all over in their ride.. i put mine in my ashtray so i can cover them up after i turn whatever on, and it looks really clean

-good luck-

www.rcjon.com
01-29-2003, 07:31 AM
Wow lol sounds more complicated then i thought. Maybe i'll still get them

Pikachoo
01-29-2003, 06:49 PM
Please don't do it!!! It's just so..... ghetto...:(

www.rcjon.com
01-29-2003, 07:09 PM
So what...its some cheap to do and seems like it will look cool. Lights are cool. It gets attention.

Rich
01-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by www.rcjon.com
It gets attention.

Thats exactly why.......

Originally posted by Pikachoo
It's just so..... ghetto...:(

www.rcjon.com
01-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Whats wront with attention? lol. So i guess i shouldn't get a viper either...don't want to get attention.....

nicerydez
01-29-2003, 09:42 PM
good call... hehehehe
well i think you should do what ever you want! i personally like them, but i also like alot of other lights on the car too...(ground effect lighting, interior lighting. etc)

BLU CIVIC
01-29-2003, 09:48 PM
i just spliced them into my parking lights....i brought them for $8 b/c they were cheap....didn't really car for them but took them off b/c i got pulled twice...probably would have took them off anyway....but if it's what u want....just get the ones that match ur car:flash:

Add your comment to this topic!