Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Forced induction or naturally aspireted?

TRDcavalier__O
10-10-2002, 12:51 AM
I'm kinda getting ready to make some serious mods to my engine and i can't decide which route to speed down. Turbos are a lot of work, but give nice gains almost too much, theres really no good super charger for the 2.4, and all motor hasn't been done yet so.. what do you think? keep in mind no matter which way i go i'll always have nitrous as insurance.:smoker2:

Epstar
10-13-2002, 08:02 AM
i think turbo's are always the best way to go but if you want to go all motor get your head redone. Along with a more agressive cam. Forged pistons and rods will also help out. Use the always important race gase and make sure your fuel deliverary sytems are upgrade. That would probably bring you down to low 13's with a 2.4 if not better:alien:

Pikachoo
10-14-2002, 12:23 PM
I say turbo all the way baby!! Wanna get really tricky?? Twin Turbo's...:eek:

TRDcavalier__O
10-15-2002, 10:52 PM
I was on the j-body.org and i saw these movies of a guy with the supercharger and i must say my pants pitched a tent. I think i'm gonna go with the supercharger cause its more reliable and cheaper and it will give me a lot of power also. Heres my plan for this winter. before SC get head done ,cams and some lower end work also with port and polishing the head i will get more performance from the SC and exhaust. then i'm gonna get the nitrous express kit and do a 75 shot when nessary

Moppie
10-16-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by TRDcavalier__O
before SC get head done ,cams

before you get this done make sure the head work and cams are designed to work with forced induction.
Other wise you might find your expensive new cams are costing you power with the SC.

Pikachoo
10-16-2002, 04:24 PM
:confused: Shopping cart wheels?!?!?:eek:

Epstar
10-17-2002, 12:36 PM
that sounds like a sweet idea just be insure you can keep your motor cool during those high speed runs you'll be having. Try picking up an aftermarket radiator with a good puke tank and new thermostat to make sure you stay at a good temp. If you live in a warm climate area or do a lot of daytime driving an intercooler will be a necessity. Keep your compression low and those rpm's high and show us some pictures as u go along.:smoker2:

un4gvnbb
12-13-2002, 12:55 PM
i still say go with turbos

urweak
12-19-2003, 09:45 AM
N/A is still a good route. Theres a few nbodies running in the 13s N/A. Theres another older grand am running something like a 12.13 on a 125 shot of N20

s8kimo
12-23-2003, 10:46 AM
drop a 305 small block in.

MtLeCe
12-28-2003, 01:03 AM
NA is great but bang for buck is F/I just remember too much boost is bad on stock engine. Also so is a N2O setup. If you do anything remember to balance engine. It will save the life of your engine...

Matt~

Add your comment to this topic!