Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 cavi RS exhaust!!!

tlively
09-29-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm wondering for all you cavi guys that are running with a nice exhaust. What kinda exhaust should I spring for. I want more horses so I know I'm gonna go cat back. What brand will give me a deep tone? Remember on the fast and furious the first eclipse Bryan drives. I think he had a performance V6 in but that's the tone quality I want. Give me some opinions and leave me some links. Ill eventually get around to putting up pics of my car. Thanks.:)

Lances133
09-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Normally, I post links and give examples to these posts but I've just grown sick of doing that, time and time and time again, use the SEARCH option, this topic has been beaten like the Redsox in the second half of this season.

my99cavy
09-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Normally, I post links and give examples to these posts but I've just grown sick of doing that, time and time and time again, use the SEARCH option:werd: same here. I cant tell you how many time we have answered this question when all you have to do is search.

this topic has been beaten like the Redsox in the second half of this season. Thats because they....................SUCK!!!

I'm wondering for all you cavi guys that are running with a nice exhaust. What kinda exhaust should I spring for. I want more horses so I know I'm gonna go cat back. What brand will give me a deep tone? Remember on the fast and furious the first eclipse Bryan drives. I think he had a performance V6 in but that's the tone quality I want. Give me some opinions and leave me some links. Ill eventually get around to putting up pics of my car. Thanks.:smile: If your wanting a deep tone I guess go with a pacestter header with a resonator and highflow cat with a magnaflow muffler. And just to let you know you arent going to be able to make your car sound like that eclipse.

Pacesetter Header http://gravanatuning.com/applications/1997_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Coupe_2.2.aspx/19/209/_Pacesetter_72C1275_Armor_Coat_4_into_1_Header
Highflow Cat- http://gravanatuning.com/applications/1997_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Coupe_2.2.aspx/19/193/_Magnaflow_Carsound_OBD_II_Stainless_Hi_Flow_2.25_ Cat
Magnaflow Muffler-(race series) http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp?zone=main&id=391
(street series) http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp?zone=main&id=386

Lances133
09-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Thats because they....................SUCK!!!
Unnessessary...but if you wanna go there, If i'm not mistaken, your "World Champion" White Sox's pitching staff has been doing just as bad as ours, which is probly why you've fallen back 7 games and don't have a shot anymore :grinno:

my99cavy
09-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Unnessessary...but if you wanna go there, If i'm not mistaken, your "World Champion" White Sox's pitching staff has been doing just as bad as ours, which is probly why you've fallen back 7 games and don't have a shot anymore :grinno:Jeez lance I was just joking with ya man. I know my white sox arent doing so good either but thats ok. so back to the topic at hand with out jacking this one..

Lances133
09-29-2006, 05:13 PM
It's cool, just had to defend my team lol

my99cavy
09-29-2006, 05:16 PM
^yeah I hear ya bro. I seen your myspace and I can tell your a DIE HARED red sox fan lol

this is all from me on this subject of baseball so now we can get back to the topic........I already answerd it but oh well. See this is why we need an off topic section.

JaysZ24
09-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Shit allmost 800 dollars for a cat back exhaust system my exhaust is going n i need to get a new 1 its starting to make a loud whistling noise now and its pretty loud how would just a magnaflow muffler sound on the stock tubing on my Z24

Lances133
09-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Good until you hit high rpms and really floor it, Cue the raspy ricer sound!

JaysZ24
09-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Ya i don't want that but then i don;t want to just get a stock muffler and can't afford much for a performace exhaust i wish the exhaust dicided to go later on lol im using all my money for window tint right now

my99cavy
09-30-2006, 02:49 PM
magnaflow will sounds good as long as you get a resonator with it.

JaysZ24
09-30-2006, 02:53 PM
A resonator would just quiet down the high pitch noise when u punch and right

my99cavy
09-30-2006, 02:58 PM
A resonator would just quiet down the high pitch noise when u punch and right

Yeah pretty much.

Lances133
09-30-2006, 03:17 PM
But that's also more money, if you want a performance muffler for really cheap (comprared to magnaflow) go with a dynomax super turbo muffler from Summit

BabyCavyZ
09-30-2006, 03:24 PM
hahah yea i have the magnaflow dual (seen in the sig) and i juss got the resonator put on yesterday... beautiful... all i can say.

my99cavy
10-01-2006, 10:55 AM
hahah yea i have the magnaflow dual (seen in the sig) and i juss got the resonator put on yesterday... beautiful... all i can say.Yeah see magnaflow is that way to go as long as you put a resonator on.

if you want a performance muffler for really cheap (comprared to magnaflow) go with a dynomax super turbo muffler from SummitPersonally I dont like the way they sound on the cavys.

tlively
10-01-2006, 08:21 PM
well thanx i guess it sounds like yall tried thrashing me for askin understand that i just started getting on the computer and yeah I KNow a cavi aint gonna sound like that eclipse but i just didnt want to have a pissed off weed eater sound either. thanx though. lol.

my99cavy
10-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey did I not post links to everything for you?? :swear:

cavyboy23
10-05-2006, 11:09 PM
When i first got my 99 RS i put a tip on it untill i got my job the first exhaust i put on was magnaflow dual exhaust sounded real good but real loud it was more lower then i ended up selling it to some kid in my area and making a few bucks off of it then i baught 4-2-1 headers and a pacesetter exhaust and it was the perfect sound i was looking for and it was faster then when i had the dual when i put the duals on it felt like i lost alot of back pressure for some reason but the 4-2-1 headers were more then the pacesetter catback i got them both for like 650 around there and it sounded real good

my99cavy
10-05-2006, 11:13 PM
When i first got my 99 RS i put a tip on it untill i got my job the first exhaust i put on was magnaflow dual exhaust sounded real good but real loud it was more lower then i ended up selling it to some kid in my area and making a few bucks off of it then i baught 4-2-1 headers and a pacesetter exhaust and it was the perfect sound i was looking for and it was faster then when i had the dual when i put the duals on it felt like i lost alot of back pressure for some reason but the 4-2-1 headers were more then the pacesetter catback i got them both for like 650 around there and it sounded real goodOk first of all our cars along with all other 4 bangers only have one headeR not headerS. just to clear that up because it drives alot of people crazy lol I cant believe you went from a Magnaflow exhaust to a Pacesetter exhaust system :screwy: . Me and just about everyone else here would agree that Magnaflow is way better but hey its your car and its your taste so to each their own.

Oh btw would it be possible for you to post a sounds clip of your exhaust?

Lances133
10-06-2006, 04:07 PM
baught 4-2-1 headers and a pacesetter exhaust and it was the perfect sound i was looking for and it was faster then when i had the dual when i put the duals on it felt like i lost alot of back pressure for some reason
There's a GOOD reason for why it seemed like you lost more pressure with the duals and gained more hp with the pacesetter.....BECAUSE THEY WERE DUAL EXHAUST, wayyy more flow then nessessary for a 2.2l engine, since the Pacesetter is a single flow smaller piping and tip, and your stock headers are 4-1, so the new 4-2-1 headeR with distribute the flow "better".

MrR0b0t0
10-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeaaahh, still seems like a big drop from dual magnas to a pacesetter. I woulda went to a single magna... Oh well, to each his own.

Lances133
10-06-2006, 05:36 PM
You work with what you got - $-wise, he obviosuly couldn't get back what he spend on the magnas so he settled for Pacesetter. I agree with all of you tho, I would never put a Pacesetter catback on my car either lol

my99cavy
10-06-2006, 08:31 PM
You work with what you got - $-wise, he obviosuly couldn't get back what he spend on the magnas so he settled for PacesetteCorrect me if im wrong but from the looks of what he typed he made it sound like he sold his old setup and made profit off of it, so wouldnt that mean he got back what he spent in the first place and then some??

i ended up selling it to some kid in my area and making a few bucks off of it

Add your comment to this topic!