Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Z24 Power Window

Saralara
02-04-2006, 07:44 AM
Hi all,

Just bought a '92 Z24. Great car, except the drivers side power window doesnt work but the passenger one does. That would lead me to believe that it could be a fuse. Does anyone happen to have a fuse chart for this car? Or does anyone know of anywhere online where I print one right off the web? Also, has anyone else had this problem in the Z24 and if so what caused it.

-Sara

chevboy
02-05-2006, 09:33 AM
chances are that it has nothing to do with a fuse because a fuse would control power to both switches, Unfortantly your probably looking at a more costly repair such as a power window motor, Your problem could also lie in the switch one way to determine that would be to first remove the swith from the panel and jump power from one side on the down side to the other and the window will go down if the power window motor is good if it does nothing you know that you more than likely have a bad window motor. They are not that bad to change you just have to drill out the rivets remove the motor and lift arms and then install new one get window lined up bolt new motor in place try toget one from a local scrap yard and save yourself some money!

Saralara
02-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Also, I forgot to mention in the previous post that occasionally you can hear the motor trying to work in the door. But it seems to only happen sporadically.
:screwy: So I was wondering if it possibly slipped "off the track" if there is such a thing in there.

Any further thoughts?

chevboy
02-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I think that the motor is probably to weak to open the window and needs to be changed, There is a track but if the motor wasnt on it the window would fall down so i would imaging the only othe thing could be that the track is slightly bent or something!

Saralara
02-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Great ideas. Since I could care less if it has power windows or not. How hard is it to just convert them back to crank windows?

OverAllComa
02-06-2006, 03:29 PM
To convert to crank windows you'd need a new door.

As far as replacing the motor, its a huge pain in the ass requiring you to drill out some rivets and tear up your hands trying to get replacement bolts into the right holes and such. If you can afford it, get a shop to do it.

Add your comment to this topic!